No Response to Missing Issues Posts Messages in this topic - RSS

wgalerston
wgalerston

3/8/2018

wgalerston
wgalerston
In the last 2 years, I have submitted several missing issues but I have not seen a response or resolution to any of these. These include Like a Virus, Mars 1938, Bill Gates and Archie-America's Typical Teenager. I am attaching a file with the cover scans of these to this posting. Please advise if I missed that these were added or why these have not been added.

In addition, there is a 25th Anniversary addition to Maus by Art Spiegelman. I do not have a cover scan so I will get one and submit it as a missing issue as well.

Thanks, Billy Galerston
0 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

3/14/2018

thunderize1
thunderize1
I think they have spent a good portion of their man power working on the updated site and future app. that's why they haven't had many issue additions in a long while. just my thoughts on it. I too have had many issues posted to add and no response.
0 link
shavagonew
shavagonew

3/14/2018

shavagonew
shavagonew
It looks like they are beginning to get things added from this forum thread. But as stated above, I believe the new website and upcoming app have halted some of the normal processes. And unfortunately, it seems they have quite a bit to look over in terms of adding missing issues and titles. One problem with it is it seems that a good number of people are asking for issues to be added that are already in the database. I'm sure we will get word when they are able to resume this facet of the site.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/14/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The new website, the app, the blog and other things have taken our time but we typically approve an insane amount of information each week. New books, cover scans, prices, creators, and variants are put in the system each day. On average, I personally approve between 400 and 600 items each day and I'm not the only one doing it.

You can help us by going here and verifying things. https://comicspriceguide.com/verify-data Thousands of pieces of information get added every day.

If a title or book is obscure or difficult to research it takes longer. I will look into the books that you've listed.
Ron
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/14/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
wgalerston wrote:
In the last 2 years, I have submitted several missing issues but I have not seen a response or resolution to any of these. These include Like a Virus, Mars 1938, Bill Gates and Archie-America's Typical Teenager. I am attaching a file with the cover scans of these to this posting. Please advise if I missed that these were added or why these have not been added.

In addition, there is a 25th Anniversary addition to Maus by Art Spiegelman. I do not have a cover scan so I will get one and submit it as a missing issue as well.

Thanks, Billy Galerston

Billy

These are either incredibly obscure or are not considered comic books.

Suggest you check mycomicshop.com, comicbookrealms, and other sites that list comic books.
If you find one of these books on their site you may have more justification of listing it here.

I could not find the first two on MyComicShop - they cover some items not covered on Comics Price Guide. If not on MyComicShop is is probably not saleable.

You may want to look on book sites rather than comic sites if you cannot find these on comic guides. Just a suggestion

KDS
edited by kds_comics on 3/14/2018
0 link