British comic cons Messages in this topic - RSS

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

1/13/2018

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
Would love to go to an American comic con one day but then that might put me off ever going to a British one again.smile Have any of you been to a British and American one?
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

11/25/2018

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
Just got back from comic Con in Birmingham UK. A little bit gutted I saw a fella haggling to buy Iron Man number one and this Avengers 57. I have this avengers CGC 4.5 but this looks a much higher grade. dealer said he would grade at about an 8.0 I have had a quick look and would say about a 6.5/7.0 The other fella purchased the Iron Man 1 and I was really hoping he wouldn't so I could have both. He got it for £160.00 I got this for £165.00. Both were priced at £200 each so got a good deal off. Found out the guy that purchased the Iron Man was another dealer (with a stall at the con) and he wouldn't budge from £250.00 and he knows, I know, how much he got it for. Though it was still probably worth around that mark I couldn't bring myself to buy it off him knowing how much he paid for it. 5 seconds earlier and I could have had it. Saw other copies for £200 but not as high a grade as what he got. Will send this off one day to get graded. How many grades will they knock off for the price stamp?

Good day out. Got my son a Punisher 1 comic signed with COA from DF for his birthday so he will be super pleased with that.

edited by imatonkatoo on 11/25/2018
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

11/25/2018

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
My thought on price stamp is it wouldn’t make much of a difference in that grade. It is in a good area of the cover, not distracting from over all look. If you think it is 8.0, it shouldn’t go lower than a 7.5. But of course I’m not a professional grader.
Congrats on the buy, looks sharp!
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

11/25/2018

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
The dealer said about an 8.0 but I thought about 7.0 because of the stamp. The Iron Man was in pretty much the same kind of condition.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

11/26/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
That's a great looking book for 1968 and the first Vision. Nice pick up
0 link
Razor5946
Razor5946

9/1/2019

Razor5946
Razor5946
Yorkmike322 wrote:
Wow, thanks so much for sharing this information. I had a writing project about the British comic con for but since I didn't get a chance to attend it, it was truly nice of you to share the post, as it was very helpful for me!

Going to my 1st one November in Louisville KY! The vampire in Fright Night,and the girl he bit worked in Married with children,al Bundy. Both be there! Nice get both autographs! Jerry Dandridge himself Sarandon. Plus so many more.It is November 22-24 or 20- 22. Weekend Friday thru Sunday. I will be there! My Home Town!
edited by ronbatman on 9/2/2019
0 link