New Mutants #60 Cover, Conan Annual #12 inside Messages in this topic - RSS

fillheimer
fillheimer

12/24/2017

fillheimer
fillheimer
I have two copies of New Mutants #60, one direct, one newsstand. The Newsstand copy has Conan Annual #12's first and last 14 pages, pages 15 - 26 are New Mutants. I haven't seen any documentation of this issue online, so I am wondering if I have some freak of nature print error in my posession. I have linked to a video I created comparing the two issues side by side, I bought both of these in the late 80's in El Paso, TX. Has anybody heard that there were issues with the newsstand version of this comic?

While I am hopeful that for some strange reason this adds to the value of this book, I am more curious about how often these types of printer errors made it to the market.

Any ideas about this suckers value and prevalence of this type of error?

Link to Video -- > https://youtu.be/XpejXMBv93M
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

1/10/2018

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
These sorts of errors are not unheard of. very few people might pay more for such and error but usually scrambled up books do not appeal to most folks. Multiple covers is usually the money maker.
+1 link
fillheimer
fillheimer

1/11/2018

fillheimer
fillheimer
Thank you for the response. :-)
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

1/11/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
There is a fairly complete list of recalled and error comics here
http://www.recalledcomics.com/index.php

New Mutants #60 does not appear to be on the list. You might report it.

Another possibility is people have been known to disassemble and reassemble comic pages from different books. In this case the value would be piddly-diddily.

KDS
0 link
expander
expander

3/14/2018

expander
expander
I have a few double covers. thanks for the link KDS that's a neat site.

Also not sure where this falls but my copy of new x-men #128 (1st fantomex) has a fold that's not fully trimmed the two center pages are not cut completely so it won't open.
edited by expander on 3/14/2018
0 link
Twistedghost
Twistedghost

3/18/2021

Twistedghost
Twistedghost
I just found a copy of The Titans #1 Mar. 1999 that has both variances on 1 book. Haven't been able to find really anything about it online.
edited by TWISTEDGHOST on 3/18/2021
0 link