Mickey Mouse #1 IDW era variants Messages in this topic - RSS

gallyangel
gallyangel

12/7/2017

gallyangel
gallyangel
So, were there 7 or 8 covers for this comic?

There was the Regular cover, the subscription cover, the Retailer Incentive cover, the Blank Sketch cover, the SDCC cover, the Fourth of July cover, and the Four Color Grails magic act cover. That's seven. So my question concerns the R.I. Retailer Incentive cover since I keep seeing two different versions of it.

One is Mickey looking sheepish as he digs in his pocket for his invitation to the Disneyland Diamond Celebration.
The other is Mickey looking panicked as digs in his pocket for his invitation to the Disneyland Diamond Celebration.

I have the looking sheepish one so I'm wondering if the other one does exist or not.

0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

12/7/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
It looks like there are two versions of the incentive cover.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mickey-Mouse-1-Retailer-Incentive-Cover/321796418174?hash=item4aec8faa7e:g:1GkAAOSw9N1Vktgf

The only ones I am finding on feebay are the Blue title incentives. You might want to send an inquiry to IDW for clarification on these books.
edited by oxbladder on 12/7/2017
0 link
gallyangel
gallyangel

12/8/2017

gallyangel
gallyangel
Well, Duh, email IDW and ask.

The yellow banner Mickey (Mickey panicked) was the image sent to the preview catalogs, and some businesses put that image into their databases. But then Disney sent a suggestion or two to IDW and the ice blue banner Mickey (Mickey looking sheepish) was the one which was sent to the printer.

Seven covers.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

12/11/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Nice work! So IDW actually got back to you? I was always curious how helpful publishers would be when trying to clarify questions from collectors.
0 link