New Member grading advice Flash #139 Messages in this topic - RSS

Tshaw47
Tshaw47

12/6/2017

Tshaw47
Tshaw47
I have 246 silver age comics I bought new in the early 60's. Most are in similar condition. Trying to get an Idea of grading in action. Attaching a scan of front and back of Flash #139. I live in Charleston, SC and am interested in selling the collection.

Any help is appreciated.
Attachments:
Flash139.pdf
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

12/6/2017

kds_comics
kds_comics
1) Just from this one picture alone I would give the grade about a 4.0 (Very Good).

2) Immediately send all of your comics to me - I will grade them for you and give you a reasonable offer (not kidding!). More practical advice is to find someone to grade them locally - but hey, who wants to be practical???

3) Even if you do find someone locally, you need to have some idea of how to grade. I suggest checking out this website http://artfulinvestments.com/comic-book-grading/ . There is also a grading guide here at CPG - and there are other guides online. I would encourage you to have a general idea of grading - 5.0 is average - 9.4 is new off the retail shelf - and 2.0 is well worn. Check it for yourself.

Good luck - again - message me here if you need an offer. If they are half as desirable as this flash comics - you will have no problem.
0 link
Tshaw47
Tshaw47

12/6/2017

Tshaw47
Tshaw47
Thank you. Talking to a local person now. hard to be confident about pricing.......also hard to confident of selling the jimmy olsen, and lois lane's.............what was I thinking
0 link