What $ value of a comic would you expect to have the comic professionally graded?

$50: 1
$100: 5
$300: 2
$500: 3
$1000: 1

Value of Comics that need professional grading? Messages in this topic - RSS

kalilum
kalilum

11/30/2017

kalilum
kalilum
When buying a comic what $ amount that you are spending would you want to have professionally graded?
edited by kalilum on 11/30/2017
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

11/30/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Maybe I’m tired but not sure what you are asking. Are you asking what books are good to get third party grading? Or are you asking how much I’d pay to buy a third party graded book? Also, are you planning to get a book third party graded? If so, are you keeping the book, never to sell, or keep awhile, or do you plan to sell the third party graded books?
Simple answer, depends on the book. Others here will give you a better more detailed answer.
0 link
kalilum
kalilum

11/30/2017

kalilum
kalilum
Sorry I should have clarified... I have large selection of Silver Age comics that I inherited and I am looking to sell them, so I am trying to decide which ones need or would warrant getting professionally graded.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

11/30/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Cool. Again others will have better lengthy answer but here’s mine. Key books, semi key books are good candidates but not all. Like first appearances, but not all 1st appearances warrants a book to get graded. Crazy it sounds, yes?🤪
Also the condition/grade of the book is a good indication if a book should be graded by a third party grading company. Getting a book graded isn’t cheap. If sending many books to be graded, it adds up fast. But, if you have nice books, you’ll make all your money back and then some if you are smart in which books get graded and sold.
Again, condition is key. But some silver age books even if they are beaten up, are still good candidates. Like Amazing Fantasy #15, any condition sells.
A good candidate is a book you will make back your money from getting graded, plus a good profit. Like you don’t want a book you send in for grading and pay $50 for grading and sell it for let’s say $60 or less.
If you currently use eBay you can use a search and see what a specific book is going for in such grade that has been graded. Advance search works well also.
No matter what, you are going to be busy, hopefully you’ll end up loving what you are trying to achieve.
0 link