Dark Horse / Kenner 1992 Aliens Mini-Comics Messages in this topic - RSS

BabaLament
BabaLament

11/27/2017

BabaLament
BabaLament
Hello all!

Going back through my old comics & found a couple of the Dark Horse Aliens mini-comics that came with the 1992 Kenner Aliens & Aliens Vs Predator action figures. I've done a little digging online, and apparently there are between 12 and 15 of these, with an original story that has (to date) not been reproduced/reprinted.

Does anyone have a set of these in good shape as a reference, to add to the CPG Database? Also...any idea as to worth? Some of the toys are still dirt cheap (Bishop - Comic #1 - $3.99 MOC @ eBay), but others (Snake Alien - Comic #9 - $20.00+ @ eBay) are getting pricey just to buy it for the mini-comic; and the only individual comic issues that I've found in good shape have been $30-50 each.

Just wondering. I'm an Aliens fan, and these seem like a cool little set to frame up and hang on the wall. If anyone has any information, please follow up in a post.

Thanks!
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

11/28/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
The best way to get an idea of what they may be realizing in prices is to check for sold items on eBay. Make sure it is SOLD items though not live asking prices because there are lots of people that gauge price based on stupidly high eBay asking prices. eBay can be a bit misleading though so try checking out if you can find any other examples of price on other auction sites or large online sellers like mycomicshop.com. The price guide here might have prices but how much inline they are with the real world would be my question since they are very slow moving in price changes and they still use algorithms in many cases (mostly cause very inflated price for graded copies).
0 link
BabaLament
BabaLament

12/1/2017

BabaLament
BabaLament
I picked up a set of the toys that are MOC. Going to remove the comics & send them to CBCS. It'll be something neat to put on a shelf next to the rest of the Aliens books.
0 link