Star Wars Vol1 #1 Variant Messages in this topic - RSS

DemolitionsTech
DemolitionsTech

10/21/2017

DemolitionsTech
DemolitionsTech
Hello i was hoping someone might know a little about this comic, I have
searched everywhere online and can't seem to find any information about
it. I found all the other variants on this site and others but not this one.

It has a square price box with no price and no date there is also no barcode, and it does not say reprint on the cover.
It does say it is a reprint on the first page in the small print.

any help would be great.

I have submitted a picture to be reviewed under the variants section.

Here is a picture of the cover.
edited by DemolitionsTech on 10/21/2017
Attachments:
SWV1N1.JPG
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

10/23/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
https://www.comics.org/issue/1126177/
+1 link
Dylman
Dylman

10/23/2017

Dylman
Dylman
Intense! I've never seen that one before!
0 link
DemolitionsTech
DemolitionsTech

10/24/2017

DemolitionsTech
DemolitionsTech
Hey thanks Oxbladder, You have given me a great place to start.
Seems it might be rare to find, especially in good shape. maybe i'm just getting
my hopes up. I bought this at a garage sale in canada about 15 years
ago, it was part of a bunch of 10-15 star wars comic's for 25 cents.

Someone mentioned on another site that there are 2 versions of this variant
1 being the national bookstore variant
2 being the Philippine\Alemar's variant

It would appear this is the Philippine/Alemar's edition.
Thanks again.
edited by DemolitionsTech on 10/24/2017
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

10/25/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Yeah, no problem. I have seen one of these before but I don't remember if it was in person or an image online. Seeing as the whole view of later printings and reprintings have changed over the years having a copy that is in a lower print run group could eventually end out helping the value of the book. While the current love for later printings and reprints is largely driven by folks who seem to think that scarcity alone means a book is more valuable there is merit in pointing out the fact that many later printings and reprint are far more limited in supply and, in the past, far less likely to have survived in higher grade. Sadly, the current opinion could change back in the future too. Regardless, I think it is cool book and you should hang on to it and consider yourself lucky to have a nice copy of a version which is not common at all.
+1 link
ricdavenport
ricdavenport

1/20/2018

ricdavenport
ricdavenport
Its a Whitman reprint - re-issue, some people call them Whitman variants. All I know when I was growing up in the 70-80s they had poly bags of 3 comics with a big W in the corner. The DC comic pack had the W instead of the DC logo in the corner, most of the other publishers that allowed the 3 pack reprints allowed Whitman to use thier logo. I think Marvel was the only one that didn't use the Whitman logo.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

1/23/2018

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
It is not a Whitman. The Western Publishing reprints still had the issue number. They only were missing the UPC. This has no UPC and no issue number date. If you had taken a look at the link I provided you would understand that this was a reprint issued under a different distributor.
0 link