New here question re autographed comics Messages in this topic - RSS

piratealice
piratealice

10/7/2017

piratealice
piratealice
I have Simpsons Comic autographed by Matt Groening. I know the signature is real, as it was a thank you gift given to me by a comic book artist who knows him personally. Although, I realize that doesn't "certify" it as a real signature. I've been wondering how would I go about finding out the potential value of this comic?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

10/7/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
One way, go to eBay, use the advance search and see what completed auctions that have sold. You might have to try different searches or use different words in search but try using signers name/comic in search.
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

10/21/2017

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
It's a difficult one not having the cert. I wouldn't buy a sig without it. See what the comic is worth without the sig then add how much in demand the sig is. I purchased a few Stan Lee sigs a while back but then he went round signing anything and everything. So I'm sure that dropped the price on those. With my sigs though it's not about the monetary value it's more of a personal thing in my collection.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

10/24/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
With "uncertified" signatures you can get a wide range in value. Generally people pay more for signed books but if they are not certified how much more will range from a few dollars to tens of dollars. If your end goal is to sell the book you could get the signature certified through CBCS's service that authenticates signatures. Of course knowing what the signature may bring is kind oif key in deciding if the expense is worth it. Try looking on eBay, Heritage, Comic Link, and other common online auction houses and trackers such as gocollect or GPA
0 link