WIZARD PRESS issues not tracked? Messages in this topic - RSS

wchever
wchever

1/29/2016

wchever
wchever
I've got some Wizard Press issues of ToyFare Magazine and Wizard, but don't see them listed in the database. Wizard Press is there and TWISTED TOYFARE THEATRE under it, and there are several Wizard one-shots, but not the serial magazines for other. These would fall into the NON-COMIC category. Are these items not tracked, or should I start entering them as new issues once I'm sure what I upload is being saved?
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

1/30/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
I think in order to be listed in the database, it must be a certain percentage of comic strip material (25% or something). Marvel Age and such would qualify, since it's largely comic previews. Wizard is almost entirely articles, so I don't think it would qualify. Besides, from what I've gathered, most copies of Wizard and such are only as valuable as the comic that it came packaged with (I really hope... I recycled most of mine when I moved aside from the ones that are used to keep my boxes tight).
0 link
wchever
wchever

1/30/2016

wchever
wchever
CapnDoug wrote:
I think in order to be listed in the database, it must be a certain percentage of comic strip material (25% or something). Marvel Age and such would qualify, since it's largely comic previews. Wizard is almost entirely articles, so I don't think it would qualify. Besides, from what I've gathered, most copies of Wizard and such are only as valuable as the comic that it came packaged with (I really hope... I recycled most of mine when I moved aside from the ones that are used to keep my boxes tight).

Too bad. I think some of them likely qualify. (Recycled!? Oh, no, CapnDoug!)
Attachments:
wizard-spidey.jpg
0 link

4/17/2023

I disagree considering they can post about posters. Not only that but Wizard is a Comic's price guide which just happens to come out as a Magazine. Have you opened one of them? It's all to do and all about nothing but comics and yes the industry too but... Have you seen some of the Artist's Master Pieces in the Price Guide/Magazine? The stories telling the origins of our heroes and vilians? The need to be considered because they are also collectable lean into no other world except the comic book world. Personally I do not think that a collector MAG./Book/Price Guide that talks and walks comics can be any more comic book related that I know of other than comic books themselves!!! The need to reconsider this, especially since WIZARD is no longer making the Magazine/Pricing guides. CASE in POINT: WIZARD Collectors EDITION X-MEN TURN THIRTY. Who thinks the comics mentioned inside are not drawn by the original creators, or the posters or the collectable cards that sometimes come with the books, and or the carachures for that matter? Like I said. One can not get more comic book than this unless as a single Comic Book as a comic book. They need to fix this!!!
0 link