Advertisements Cut Out Of Books - Effect On Value. Messages in this topic - RSS

SnakeOil
SnakeOil

7/6/2017

SnakeOil
SnakeOil
Do advertisements cut out of an otherwise collectible (Say 6.5) book render it valueless? Whaaaaa? I have one that has 2/3 page missing from the adverts section. upset Thanks! SnakeOil.
0 link
SnakeOil
SnakeOil

7/8/2017

SnakeOil
SnakeOil
Just noticed the topic "Ad Pages Removed" under the "Comics Grading Tips and Tricks" heading.

So.. 1.0 then when ads are removed? upset
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

7/8/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
People want complete comics.
0 link
expander
expander

7/10/2017

expander
expander
I use incomplete books for decoupage projects but only if they are already mangled. If it doesn't affect the story I'd still buy it to read but if the seller doesn't say so first it's very much a slap in the face not knowing ahead of time what you're getting.

As far as grade.... +1 Defiant1
+1 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

7/11/2017

kds_comics
kds_comics
SnakeOil wrote:
Just noticed the topic "Ad Pages Removed" under the "Comics Grading Tips and Tricks" heading.

So.. 1.0 then when ads are removed? upset

I believe it depends on what is cut out. If you cut part of the story on the back side of page cut story along with the ad - this is bad.

If it is a small ad on the back cover - technically you may be at 2.0 +/- 0.5. So there is so variation depending on the amount of damage (i.e. lost desirability). This also goes for a small ad or Marvel Value stamp within comics - perhaps 2.0 on this was well.
+1 link