Spider-Man: Homecoming Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

7/4/2017

colbalt91
colbalt91
Well it's no secret that they wanted to start all over again with Spider-Man in this new film reboot. They wanted a younger Spider-Man so they could start in high school and now they have Tom Holland as Spider-Man. And when I say reboot they went hog-wild. The cast of characters surrounding Spider-Man is much different in their ethnic diversity than ever before imagined. I guess they figured that if Spiderman were to start today, the classrooms of today would reflect what they have surrounded Peter Parker with in his classroom.
The only white character leftover is Betty Brant, played by Angourie Rice. Rice was the one I predicted could steal the picture from Tom Holland in my review of "The Nice Guys." So in this film they have wisely relegated her to a couple of lines and some distant shots. They are obviously saving her for a later film.
The spider suit is also a major character in this movie. This suit was given to Peter Parker by Tony Stark AKA Iron Man. In many ways the suit is a copy of the Iron Man suit minus the armor. This suit can do many things that I have never seen before in other movies or the comic book. The suit even has its own Siri who calls herself Carrie in this film. This suit steals the movie away from the teenage Peter Parker. One of the climactic moments of "Spider-Man: Homecoming" is when Peter Parker has to go it alone without his suit in order to earn his stripes. Think the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #33.
Another scene-stealer is Michael Keaton as the Vulture. He does a really fine job as one of Spider-Man's early villains. An underling of the Vulture is the character of The Shocker. In this movie he comes off more as a buffoon who accidentally gets some shock cuffs and tries to be a villain, but doesn't last too long. He is more comedy relief.
In keeping with the starting over again with Spiderman aspect, this very young Spiderman is shown as very green and quite clumsy. If it were not for dumb luck and a helpful Iron Man this film would have ended shortly after it started.
There is a lot of action and this film will keep you occupied, but as a comic book purist who has been with Peter Parker since the beginning it will take a while for me to adjust.
For newcomers and people who are only familiar with the Spider-Man movies it will be an easier adjustment. This movie does have the fun aspects of Spider-Man as he swings around the town and has his smart mouth going a mile a minute. And the CGI is great.
edited by colbalt91 on 7/4/2017
+2 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

7/5/2017

kds_comics
kds_comics
Thanks for the information. Have not seen the movie yet, so this is appreciated.
edited by kds_comics on 7/5/2017
0 link
Crowman
Crowman

7/24/2017

Crowman
Crowman
I enjoyed it but too many changes in classic characters for my liking. Trying to appease everyone and being PC?

Looking forward to the Scorpion making his debut on the big screen, which could happen in the next film.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

7/24/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I didn't really like it. I felt like I was watching another Iron Man movie with less interesting characters. The friend was annoying.
-1 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

7/28/2017

colbalt91
colbalt91
I read a story that mixed in with all the ethnic characters, so you wouldn't notice her, is Cindy Moon AKA Silk. That could be causing the rise in the price of Silk's first appearance in the recent Amazing Spider-Man # 4.
0 link
lilyoliver
lilyoliver

11/6/2017

lilyoliver
lilyoliver
A very successful new version of the spider man movies, I found Tom Holland very cute smile

Lily Oliver | 1 800 273 8255 lyrics
+1 link
ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey

1/6/2018

ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey
I have been a Spider-man fan for 35 years, and honestly, I will take any of the movies they will make! I've liked every movie and reboot so far, even with the liberties they're taking with characters and storylines. Some are better than others, but I'm happy to see any of them. Tom Holland is fantastic! Marisa Tomei is great. Although she is far younger than the Aunt May of the comics, her character's age is more appropriate for an aunt of a 15 year old.
0 link