Legacy black and gold comic by Majestic Messages in this topic - RSS

jgoulding
jgoulding

6/18/2017

jgoulding
jgoulding
Need help identifying this small black and gold Legacy comic.
Attachments:
Legacy comic.JPG
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

6/18/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Can't find it here but mycomicshop.com has the book you have shown us. The book is a "ashcan" book. I'm too lazy to explain what a ashcan is, but most modern ashcan are promotional books. See below link. Not worth much.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=19025272
0 link
jgoulding
jgoulding

6/18/2017

jgoulding
jgoulding
Good to know what ashcans are. I guess the name says it all. Burn after reading. LOL
Thanks!
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

6/18/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Happy to help.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

6/18/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
jgoulding wrote:
Good to know what ashcans are. I guess the name says it all. Burn after reading. LOL
Thanks!

The term "ashcan" now is tied to promotional comics. The original definition ties back to Trademark registration in the 1940's. Publishers would make covers for the title they wanted to register and put those covers over another comic's interior. They were used for the sole purpose of registering a new trademark and blocking the competition from using a title.

Here was Fawcett trying to register "Flash Comics", but DC registered first. This is a true ashcan as it was originally defined.

0 link
fpnj
fpnj

7/29/2017

fpnj
fpnj
jgoulding Don't dismiss those ashcans. Some of them can be worth a nice piece of change. Just went thru a stack I had and most were worth only a buck or two, but some were in the fifty to one twenty range.
always check. An early book even in poor condition could be a good investment.
0 link