Dropping in value Messages in this topic - RSS

chipaway
chipaway

6/15/2017

chipaway
chipaway
I've noticed that many silver and particularly bronze age comics seem to be selling at really low amounts recently on eBay.
Whilst I understand the market fluctuates at times some of these prices are really surprisingly low.
Major Keys are holding value but if it's not a key it's practically worthless.
Overall this past two months prices are crashing, any thoughts?
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

6/15/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
What series are you seeing drops? I only pay attention to Batman books, no drops there.
0 link
chipaway
chipaway

6/15/2017

chipaway
chipaway
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
What series are you seeing drops? I only pay attention to Batman books, no drops there.

I follow Marvel bronze age mostly.
The minor keys like Iron man 128. Any Ms Marvel. Black panther and some Amazing spiderman.
For instance an Iron man 128 sold this week for around $5 yet in the past I've seen it go for literally 10 times that price at the same grade.
Inhumans #1 this week a copy went for $10 in the past same again 10 times that at a similar grade.
It's like the bottoms dropped out of the lower end market.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

6/15/2017

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
chipaway wrote:
jokerbangedquinn wrote:

I follow Marvel bronze age mostly.
The minor keys like Iron man 128. Any Ms Marvel. Black panther and some Amazing spiderman.
For instance an Iron man 128 sold this week for around $5 yet in the past I've seen it go for literally 10 times that price at the same grade.
Inhumans #1 this week a copy went for $10 in the past same again 10 times that at a similar grade.
It's like the bottoms dropped out of the lower end market.

No way are prices "crashing." As for the examples you used, Iron Man #128 sold for $7.50 plus $6.50 for shipping. It was a 3.5 at best, so it actually went for well above guide. The Inhumans #1 that sold for $6.76 and $4.75 shipping, was a 2.5 at best, so it too sold for way above guide. Any books in nice condition are selling for at least guide, sometimes double, even triple. The ones you see going cheap are the low grade books, those you can always find a deal if you look hard enough. smile
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

6/15/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
The collector's buying reading copies have thinned out. Publishers have been selling collected volumes where you don't need to buy the back issues. The whole back issue market has shifted to people buying extremely high grade. Certified grading services have a lot to do with that.
+1 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

6/28/2017

kds_comics
kds_comics
Defiant1 wrote:
The collector's buying reading copies have thinned out. Publishers have been selling collected volumes where you don't need to buy the back issues. The whole back issue market has shifted to people buying extremely high grade. Certified grading services have a lot to do with that.

I agree - reprinting the 1970's comics in trade paperbacks (Spider-Woman comes to mind), you are now selling "reading" copies against the reprinted issue. Price accordingly.

That said - I do think CPG is low on these comics. Big dealers used to lower low grade 1970's comic stores move them - but I do not see this any more - my LCS $1 and less comics are filled with 1990's comics. Just my view.

The 1970's stuff I see is holding decent $2-$10 for common issues - not any fortune to be made here or anything.

Just my opinion.

KDS
0 link