Just checking in........ Messages in this topic - RSS

JSherlock
JSherlock

1/22/2016

JSherlock
JSherlock
Just wanted to say ...... hi! I am new here and have spent the last few days transferring my comic collection to CPG. Having a lot of fun! I am a lady in the UK who used to deal in collectables - ceramics - books - toys - and yes comics! I bought a huge joblot of comics from a shop which was closing down, sold some, and a few years ago I stopped dealing and got a job. Now I've got the comics down from the loft because basically they are just sitting there!

All of my comics are shop stock, so have never been circulated. I haven't tried selling any on here yet, but I just wondered whether the selling community here is good? Am I likely to be able to sell via this site, or would I need to sell my collection via another route?

Thanks for your help .... and hi again!

..... and yes, my surname is SHERLOCK! (no relation) wink
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

1/23/2016

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
Hello Sherlock. Another Brit here. Tamworth Staffordshire. I couldn't say whether it is any good selling on here I've only ever purchased from here. Give it a go. I normally just sell on Ebay. I think there is an Ebay selling page but that might have been the old forums.
+1 link
JSherlock
JSherlock

1/23/2016

JSherlock
JSherlock
imatonkatoo wrote:
Hello Sherlock. Another Brit here. Tamworth Staffordshire. I couldn't say whether it is any good selling on here I've only ever purchased from here. Give it a go. I normally just sell on Ebay. I think there is an Ebay selling page but that might have been the old forums.

Hi fellow Brit! smile I'm on the Norfolk coast.....

Well, going by the fact that you buy on here, its probably safe to say that selling here works too, unless you are buying from Ebay listings?

I am still getting everything onto the database, and still have one huge box to go. I'm currently at 1,327 issues! Once they're all on I'll start thinking about which ones I might want to sell and give it a go Cool
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

1/25/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
We have a lot of members who sell almost daily on CPG. Just make sure you have your own internal process for tracking shipping and make sure you use a payment processor like PayPal which gives you certain protections (NEVER MONEY ORDERS!) and you can find all sorts of buyers here smile
+1 link
kporourke97
kporourke97

2/27/2016

kporourke97
kporourke97
netstuffers wrote:
We have a lot of members who sell almost daily on CPG. Just make sure you have your own internal process for tracking shipping and make sure you use a payment processor like PayPal which gives you certain protections (NEVER MONEY ORDERS!) and you can find all sorts of buyers here smile

As a new seller here, thanks for the tips.
Curious, why no money orders?
0 link
wchever
wchever

2/28/2016

wchever
wchever

Too easy to counterfeit since there is no standard.
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

2/29/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
kporourke97 wrote:
As a new seller here, thanks for the tips.

There's also very little recourse for you to dispute payment if something genuinely goes bad. Once it's cashed, it's gone
0 link