The Mummy starring Tom Cruise Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

6/8/2017

colbalt91
colbalt91
For about three minutes, "The Mummy" seems like it will be a real horror/supernatural film, but then Tom Cruise enters into the picture and then the movie becomes another Tom Cruise adventure film. This indecisiveness goes on throughout the whole movie.
At the very beginning of the credits the film company lets you know this is the start of Universal's Dark Universe. Universal has a history of famous movie monsters all the way back to the 30's. Monster's like Frankenstein, Dracula, The Invisible Man, and the werewolf are bound to soon be coming. Just imagine if the producers of "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" had made a sequel.
Recently someone made a King Kong movie and at the end of it they let the audience know that more Japanese style monsters were coming. Here they let you know that more Universal monsters are coming
I was wondering how Russell Crowe was going to fit into a Tom Cruise movie, but then it is revealed that Crowe's character's name is Dr. Henry Jekyll. Need I say more.
Once again this is a 3D movie where you can save money by just going to the regular feature if you so choose. You will be missing nothing.
I found many of the horror scenes featuring the dead who the female mummy has resurrected as her minions, to be too dark and hard to distinguish as the many figures run around. The audience is likely to find this out too.
Sofia boutella is very good in her role as the female Mummy, but the rest of the film is against her. She can exude sexinness and creepiness at the same time. This is only a PG-13 movie and yet there is more almost female nudity in it then Dwayne Johnson's remake of "Baywatch" which had a 'R' rating.
This film is a jumbled-up mishmash of whatever.
edited by colbalt91 on 6/8/2017
edited by colbalt91 on 6/8/2017
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

6/8/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Thanks for the review Cobalt91.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

6/8/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I would only go to see it for her, but she looks better with the character make-up than she does in the interviews for the movie. I like her personality. There is footage of her watching the trailer and afterwards she says "Who did the trailer? If you tell me, I'll french kiss you!" The stage crew all laughed.

I think dark CGI renders faster because it has a smaller color palette. It hides flaws, so you can't see how rushed it might've looked otherwise. When I see CGI done at night or when the whole screen is dark, I think "lazy cheapskates".
0 link
Crowman
Crowman

4/17/2018

Crowman
Crowman
We are long overdue a classic Mummy horror film.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

4/18/2018

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Crowman wrote:
We are long overdue a classic Mummy horror film.

That brings up a good question Mr. Crow...!
I'll post it in entertainment.
0 link