Grading 1996 Superman: Man of Steel #61 in orignal Messages in this topic - RSS

rockettc01
rockettc01

5/29/2017

rockettc01
rockettc01
Does anyone have experience grading a comic in it's original packaging?

I am trying to sell some comics I inherited from my grandpa and a couple are in their original packaging. From what I've read, professional grading involves examining the comic, including counting the pages. Is there any service that would grade an unopened comic? Does having it in original packaging help it's value?
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/29/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
If this is what you have, you should be able to grade the exterior of the book through the bag. I would definitely not open it because you'd risk reducing the number of buyers interested by doing so. A professional grading company will open it. Again this will reduce the number of interested buyers. There is no advantage to having it professionally graded. It's expensive to have it professionally graded and it'd just drive up the cost of what you'd need to get back out of it. It also comes with a magazine and sealed copy would give a buyer more confidence that it was complete.

0 link
rockettc01
rockettc01

5/29/2017

rockettc01
rockettc01
This is it!
0 link
rockettc01
rockettc01

5/29/2017

rockettc01
rockettc01
I also have a Batman and Robin
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/29/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
My advice is pretty much the same. The only exception might be a very popular book that has a very high demand. In those cases, a graded copy might fetch more money and make it worth breaking out of the bag to get it graded.
0 link