To Slab or not? Messages in this topic - RSS

chipaway
chipaway

5/26/2017

chipaway
chipaway
Hi,
Just wondering about people's views on this.
I have around 100+ marvel comics from the bronze age. They're strong titles with many minor and a couple of major keys.
I'm looking at keeping them as an investment for my kids. Something to pass down if you will.
My question is as many of these are just mid grade copies around 4.0 to 7.5 is it worth getting them slabbed or not?
I'm not bothered about reading them but it's a huge cost to slab and is it actually worth slabbing a mid grade bronze age comic or would I be better spending that money on a better investment ie a single comic for the same cost of slabbing some of them, say around 20-30.
And lastly if I was to slab is CBCS a good option?

Any thoughts are welcome.
Thanks
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

5/27/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
Getting one slabbed depends on the issue (Hulk #181?) and its condition (Hulk #181 that looks like a 7.5?). But a Hulk #181 that's a 4.0? I wouldn't.
Yes, CBCS is good. The grader notes are included in the price. And when anyone ever gets that comics (so they're not the original submitter) they just enter the serial # or scan the QR Code, and they get the grader notes too! Try it out. Google pics of CBCS comics... get the serial # off of one... enter into the CBCS site... and BOOM! Grader notes!
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

5/27/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Fantastic! Now will spend some fun time this weekend looking up grading notes. Fun in deed!
0 link