BAD SELLERS!! Messages in this topic - RSS

rixmaxx
rixmaxx

5/20/2017

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
So what is one to do when they stumble upon a seller here that just doesn't know how to mail a comic book? Why would anyone think they could send "NM" comic books in plain old manila envelopes, no cardboard, no protection at all and have them arrive to the buyer without any damage? Shouldn't there be a feedback system here to protect other buyers from the clueless?Duhh.............Any thoughts?
edited by rixmaxx on 5/20/2017
+1 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/20/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I had a buyer tell me that's how he wanted me to ship a high grade comic to him to keep the postage cost down. In other words, he wouldn't pay for the adequate packaging. I chose not to sell the book.

This is why I no longer buy online.

Defiant1
+2 link
DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos

5/20/2017

DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos
i buy from midtown and they know how to ship .. I bought a few off of ebay but they know how to pack them ..why somebody would ship like that is just wow
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

5/20/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
I've had it happen to me, Many'a year ago. It was a nothing expensive & Lucky the book was in good shape.
+1 link
expander
expander

5/20/2017

expander
expander
I had a thread on the old forums with pics and step by step instructions on how to mail comics. I would also link to it from my ebay auctions and purchases.

As to the question posed in the o.p. I would P.M. the seller and ask for a refund or replacement. There isn't really a feedback system like ebay has for this site but good sales and happy customers are usually outspoken about pleasant transactions on the boards. not sure if there's a thread for that yet on the new boards.......
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

5/20/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
expander wrote:
I had a thread on the old forums with pics and step by step instructions on how to mail comics. I would also link to it from my ebay auctions and purchases.

As to the question posed in the o.p. I would P.M. the seller and ask for a refund or replacement. There isn't really a feedback system like ebay has for this site but good sales and happy customers are usually outspoken about pleasant transactions on the boards. not sure if there's a thread for that yet on the new boards.......

G'day Expander, What's happening sir?
Haven't heard from you in a while.
I'm heading to supernova in Sydney next month, Can't wait.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

5/20/2017

colbalt91
colbalt91
I stopped buying from Midtown because they do not know how to pack. Sometimes they will use a Diamond box which is good, but then sometimes they use a smaller box and that's when the damage occurs.
0 link
expander
expander

5/20/2017

expander
expander
Gilgandra wrote:
expander wrote:

Well Howdy Sir! I've been super busy lately. Just poking around the threads to see if anything amazing has happened in my absence but..........nope.

I've been reading more of my comics lately as opposed to "expanding" my collection. i did have a blast at FCDB this year my 6 year old is a big spongebob fan so he was excited to see another FCBD spongebob issue he also loved the wonder woman one as well.
+1 link
expander
expander

5/20/2017

expander
expander
colbalt91 wrote:
I stopped buying from Midtown because they do not know how to pack. Sometimes they will use a Diamond box which is good, but then sometimes they use a smaller box and that's when the damage occurs.

It's always disappointing when a seller is inconsistent with their shipping process i bought from an ebay user who was doing well and then i got the pizza hut giveaway xmen books from him they showed up bent and the cover was obviously torn when it got jammed into the bubble mailer. upset
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

5/20/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
expander wrote:
Gilgandra wrote:
expander wrote:

Well Howdy Sir! I've been super busy lately. Just poking around the threads to see if anything amazing has happened in my absence but..........nope.

I've been reading more of my comics lately as opposed to "expanding" my collection. i did have a blast at FCDB this year my 6 year old is a big spongebob fan so he was excited to see another FCBD spongebob issue he also loved the wonder woman one as well.

I remember in the early 2000's working 12hr shifts i would fall asleep on the couch while Spongebob was playing on TV.
Ren & Stimpy was the other cartoon i would fall asleep too ...One has strange dreams when it was playing Lol.
I have never been to a FCBD. live way to far away from any major LCS upset
edited by Gilgandra on 5/20/2017
+1 link
DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos

5/21/2017

DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos
colbalt91 wrote:

now the last 4 orders been good (all in the same packing)..when my next order comes in I will share so pics here .......If i had what u said or if it happends I will stop ..most of my stuff is new so not a big loss but if it was old yea

But thanks for saying something i shall keep a eye out for issues
edited by darkkrytos on 5/21/2017
edited by darkkrytos on 5/21/2017
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

5/21/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
rixmaxx wrote:
So what is one to do when they stumble upon a seller here that just doesn't know how to mail a comic book? Why would anyone think they could send "NM" comic books in plain old manila envelopes, no cardboard, no protection at all and have them arrive to the buyer without any damage? Shouldn't there be a feedback system here to protect other buyers from the clueless?Duhh.............Any thoughts?
edited by rixmaxx on 5/20/2017

I recently won a auction for a 12 books with $14.50 shipping and figured it would be in a priority box. Seller ships all books in a plastic shipping bag, no cardboard. Lucky this does happen often.
Midtown most times shipping is good. Mycomicshop I think packs books better then anyone.
+1 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/21/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I always laugh when someone says Mycomicshop packages well. I rank their customer service and shopping experience as one of the worst encounters I've ever experienced from a retailer. Poor packaging was just the final excrement icing on the burnt cake. I will never buy from them again. One order was enough to lose me as a customer for life.

In fairness though, Conan did email me and ask for my suggestions on how to improve. They may be better, but I don't really care.

And yes. I will repeat this story for the rest of my life. Some have heard it before but I found the shopping experience THAT offensive.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

5/21/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Then I consider myself lucky. Ten years buying, no problems. That's a shame it sucked for you, they had to really f up.
0 link
Crowman
Crowman

5/25/2017

Crowman
Crowman
98% of what I buy online is packaged really well. Maybe I am just lucky?
0 link
chipaway
chipaway

5/26/2017

chipaway
chipaway
I've bought a Spiderman key comic from a well known comic store in the USA. As I live in the UK customs have charged a cost for me to collect it.
I told eBay who said don't pay it as the seller should have paid it or put it on the listing.
I told the shop who offered me a refund if I sent it back to them. I'm now having to let the English postal system send it back themselves as I'm not collecting it and paying under instruction from eBay. Then I have to.open a case with them to get my refund.
The comuc store won't even respond to any message. I've asked for an amicable end but it's looking unlikely now.
When it's sorted I'll name and shame them.
0 link