If I buy my comics directly??? Messages in this topic - RSS

mysicviper
mysicviper

4/18/2017

mysicviper
mysicviper
If I buy my comics directly from like Marvel on subscripiption, is it different the ones I buy from my local store?
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

4/18/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Shouldn't be. They all get printed at the same place then on to the distributors and publishers. On the rare occasions there are differences the market is usually notified in some way in advance.
0 link
raztaman420
raztaman420

4/19/2017

raztaman420
raztaman420
Long time ago, in the early 90's, I ordered Marvel comics by subscription. I enjoyed getting the books in the mail but I was disappointed that they were loosely bagged in plastic without a rigid backer, so the condition the books arrived in was around VF or NM- Just wanted to mention that when considering how to get your books. I would have a pull or reserve list at the store. Go in once a month and pick up your books. ~Stephen
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

4/19/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
I used to have a mail subscription for all my titles. I got tired of them delivering Iron Man #6 before they delivered Iron Man #5. I got tired of not getting an issue at all.
I'm much happier getting them from a Local Comic Book Store, and happy to support a small business. I also enjoy hanging out there and talking with other customers and the store owners every week.
0 link