dogsupreme

all messages by user

12/31/2015
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
Great to see the forum is back! It was missed!
1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
jsans wrote:
dogsupreme wrote:
Great to see the forum is back! It was missed!

Hello, my first time on these forums.

Welcome! Hope we can share our passion for comics. What do you mostly collect? I collect mostly silver and bronze age DC and Marvels.
1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
Over the holidays I went to go visit my younger brother, who also happens to collect comics as well, and we went over his collection. I decided to take pics of some of his key issues. He got most of these 10 to 15 years ago.

Here are his most valuable keys:

edited by dogsupreme on 1/1/2016
1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
most of the CGC graded books he got off EBAY

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
I remember my brother bought this copy for $500 at San Diego Comic Con in the late 1990s.

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
My brother bought this copy for $40 back in the day.

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
What would AMAZING FANTASY #15 without a SPIDER-MAN #1?

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
I think this was also a San Diego Comic Con purhcase. I remember the guy asking $120 and we got it down to $100 even.

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
The big Kahuna

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
I got this at a local show for my brother's birthday. I paid $80 for it.

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
As you can tell my bro is a avid Marvel guy. He is still missing INCREDIBLE HULK #1 and JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #83. He had a chance to get an INCREDIBLE HULK off craigslist a year ago for $1200 but he balked at the last minute.

However, he does collect other titles but very few. Here are some of his other key books.

1/1/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
I do not have the big bucks my brother has but I do all right on my meager salary . Here are some my keys I am especially happy to have. I am a major cheapskate so most of these I got a good price.

1/1/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
A place to recommend good buys and sells in the comic market. What are your recommendations?
1/5/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
knparzival wrote:
I cannot predict the future but books I think are under valued
World's finest 3 (first scarecrow),
Fantastic four 48
batman 181
Action comics 58 (probably one of the most historically interesting superman covers)
Wonder woman 178
Grenada 1984 (historically awesome, practically unknown)

Books that I think are high risk investments due to over speculation IMO,

New Mutants 98 --approx 275k printed and there are a lot of collectors sitting on this
\wonder woman 98 (series 1). Guide value is way low, but market prices are over the top
Fantastic four 45,52 (I just do not believe these are nearly as key as 48, but due to speculation they have been selling for as much if not more)
edited by knparzival on 1/4/2016

World's finest #3 (I assume you mean the Golden Age) maybe out of the realm of most collector's however
BATMAN #189 (1st silver age Scarecrow) maybe better in terms of growth

FF #48 has always been a key blue chip so values are pretty steady on that one

BATMAN #181-1st Poison Ivy. Nice book but already pretty steep.
ACTION #58?-What's up with that book?

Wonder Woman #178-I assume you mean volume 1 where she loses her powers and becomes a feminist

Grenada I never heard of. Got a cover? Who is the publisher?

I agree on NEW MUTANTS #98. There are a lot of copies out there. Never seem to have problem finding a copy. It's the price that puts me off.

Wonder Woman #98 is a pretty expensive book already. I did not know it is the 1st silver age WW. I assumed it was #105 where she gets a new origin.

FF #45 and 52 may be in flux. It depends on how the characters are received in the movies. Both are hard to find in high gade anyway.
1/5/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
Here are some books that I think are ripe for speculation and dirt cheap right now. I would get high grade copies out of the bargain bins if you come across them. Remember NOVA #1 and MS.MARVEL #1 were once bargain bin fodder:

POWER PACK #1-I think it is only a matter of time that Disney will develop this property and right now high grade copies can be gotten for less than $5.

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK #1-This is the first comic appearance of INDIANA JONES and dirt cheap in high grade. I think if Disney does more Indy movies this could start to rise.

MICRONAUTS #1-1st appearance of the Micronauts

SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN #133- All the attention is on #134 but 133 is the first appearance of the Kirby's FOURTH WORLD and greatly overlooked and undervalued.

BRAVE AND BOLD #85-1st modern GREEN ARROW. With the new ARROW series on a roll this is a greatly overlooked book and it also has great Neal Adams art

ADVENTURE COMICS #250-this is considered the 1st Silver age GREEN ARROW. New origin with art by Jack Kirby
1/5/2016
Topic:
CapnDoug's Back Issue Discoveries

dogsupreme
dogsupreme
Nice! My bro has a Giant Sized X-Men 1 and #94.
Sounds like up north there are still good stuff to be had. Here in Texas things are drying up or getting crazy expensive.