Live Bands Messages in this topic - RSS

Gilgandra
Gilgandra

2/25/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
I saw Pseudo Echo & Icehouse last night here in my home town. They where great
Pseudo Echo rocked the house down, Wow what a blast from the past.
Great Aussie bands from the 80's. So happy to have seen them live.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

2/25/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I got to meet Michael Hutchence in 1983 after seeing INXS twice (two cities). He was pretty cool, but they were still climbing the ladder of fame. I saw AC/DC in '81 & '85. I don't recall seeing any other Aussie bands live.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

2/26/2017

colbalt91
colbalt91
I saw INXS live soon after they had some hit like Shabooh Shoobah. They we're not that good at that time live. I remember Michael Hutchence was wearing that hat with the flat brim. This was probably around 1983. I saw AC/DC for their Back In Black tour and much later I saw them with their Wrecking Ball tour.
Almost forgot: I saw Russell Crowe and his band, 30 Odd Foot of Grunts, for two shows of a three night stand in Austin Texas. In August of 2000.
During the first show Russell Crowe came out unnoticed into the audience while the opening group consisting of female cellists played.
This woman to my right I had just vacated her space to go use thebathroom and he took the space next to me. Everybody was standing up at that venue. Then I turned to the woman I had brought with me and told her that Russell Crowe was standing next to me. But she refused to believe me as I was always pulling pranks. Finally she noticed the women in front and around were starting to swoon and act unnatural and then she looked on the other side of me and saw that it indeed was Russell Crowe. I asked him if he would be signing autographs afterwards and he said he would, and then he disappeared and later gave his performance, but never signed any autographs.
So the next day as I was seeing another concert there with him I arrived early and sort of barged into the soundcheck. I reminded Russell Crowe that he had said he would sign some autographs so he sort of felt obligated then and signed some autographs for me and my friends. I had an autograph book and he inadvertently signed the page to himself. He soon realized it and then tore the page out and then signed a new page to me with his name.
Both of his concerts that I saw were incredible and I loved his use of the horn section.
edited by colbalt91 on 2/26/2017
0 link
aarondawe
aarondawe

2/26/2017

aarondawe
aarondawe
That's funny. I've just spent the past weekend listing all the live shows I've gone to over the years in a spreadsheet, along with dates and venues. Around 175 in total, but not including local bands or local bands that were signed and played in clubs, as there were several years where I went out to watch live bands about once a week. I also didn't include most of the 75 shows or so my band played.

I don't think I've actually seen an artist or band from Australia. I heard AC DC last time they were here, as they played in the park near my house, but that doesn't count.

Aaron
0 link
Crowman
Crowman

5/6/2017

Crowman
Crowman
Lived in OZ for a while so saw a few Aussie bands......
Something for Kate
Spiderbait
The Jets
Missy Higgins
The Waifs
Kasey Chambers
Powderfinger
Crowded House (ok partially Kiwi)
Paul Kelly
Joe Camileri and the Black Sorrows
Colin Hay Band
0 link

Comic Book Store Locator

Don't let this happen to you. Try our new Comic Book Shop Locator service today!

CPG Comic Book Store Locator

CPG Partners

Our partners help make CPG possible.
We couldn't do it without them!

Become a Partner Today
Warning: Your Internet Explorer is outdated and unsafe. This site features advanced technology that works best on modern web browsers. It's free to upgrade.
Warning: CPG works best with Javascript enabled. Some site features may be unavailable.