CGC or CBCS for grading? Messages in this topic - RSS

czarboom
czarboom

7/19/2017

czarboom
czarboom
Again very new to all this. I noticed there is CGC and CBCS for grading comics... Are they the two industry standards? (if that even is a thing). Are there other grading services?

Also any thoughts on which is better in terms of service, value and over all trust worthiness when at a convention of over the course of time?
(Meaning if something is graded by CGC is that better or worse than having it graded by CBCS... or does it even matter?)

again thank you for the help.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

7/23/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I will never use CGC again. I used them once. I will use CBCS if I ever get a comic graded again. I've seen much worse looking comics get much higher grades than my submissions, so I place no value on CGC grading.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

7/23/2017

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
czarboom wrote:
Again very new to all this. I noticed there is CGC and CBCS for grading comics... Are they the two industry standards? (if that even is a thing). Are there other grading services?

Also any thoughts on which is better in terms of service, value and over all trust worthiness when at a convention of over the course of time?
(Meaning if something is graded by CGC is that better or worse than having it graded by CBCS... or does it even matter?)

again thank you for the help.

CGC was the first and has been "the standard" for comic book grading since 2000. CGC's top grader and KING of this field smile , Steve Borock, left CGC and started CBCS. CBCS's services are more reasonable and a little "easier" to use right now. There is PGX, but "scandals" in the past (look them up for yourself 'cause as Thumper's daddy said, " if you can't say 'nothin nice.....:" smile ) have made some collectors leery of using them. They probably are the cheapest though. ..... So yes I'm with Defiant, if you have a choice, I'd go with CBCS.
0 link

Comic Book Store Locator

Don't let this happen to you. Try our new Comic Book Shop Locator service today!

CPG Comic Book Store Locator

CPG Partners

Our partners help make CPG possible.
We couldn't do it without them!

Become a Partner Today
Warning: Your Internet Explorer is outdated and unsafe. This site features advanced technology that works best on modern web browsers. It's free to upgrade.
Warning: CPG works best with Javascript enabled. Some site features may be unavailable.