robotcat's something or other Messages in this topic - RSS

robotcat
robotcat

7/20/2016

robotcat
robotcat
kds_comics wrote:
robotcat wrote:

I got The Man from U.N.C.L.E. #5 at a comic convention in 2014. The others I won as a lot in 2014 for $25.05.

MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. 3 VG+ | MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. 4 VG+ | MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. 5 VG+ ($8.00)

MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. 7 VG+ | MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. 8 FN | MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. 10 VG+

"Man from Uncle" comics for about $5 each - I'd hit that. Very cool.
Also like you Amazing Spider-Man comic.
On the minus side - I have a number of Atlas -Seaboard comic myself - including Iron Jaw.
Just does not seem to be much value in these.

KDS

P. S. Check out my forum thread for my comic pics...shameless plug...

Always nice finding any silver Gold Key's for that price, but extra nice for the Uncles as I liked the TV series.(have the briefcase DVD set)

I scored an even better deal recently: #10,14,18, & 22 for $6.99

I'm up to 7 Atlas books now. I'm glad they're low value, though. That way I can easily afford them. wink

I'll be sure to check your thread.
0 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/26/2016

robotcat
robotcat
a couple of outtakes from the last photo shoot

one of my cats jumping into the shot

left the room for minute and came back to this

(underneath the sheets are 34 short boxes - I have another 32 elsewhere)

took 74 pics last week - uploading now - will start posting tomorrow
0 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/27/2016

robotcat
robotcat
now for some pics...

Picked these Doctor Strange books in a lot for about $.63 a piece.

The Doctor Strange came with the above lot, the rest below came in 2 different lots.
All the comics in this post came from the same seller: hypnotronic
They, also, came with other comics that I already had, so there ones
(Purchase prices are based on price guide values. They're pretty much 1/2 guide.)

Iron Jaw 1 FN ($1.08) | Conan the Barbarian 49 F/VF ($1.95)

MTIO 9 FN+ ($1.30) | GS Chillers 1 VG- ($.91) | GS MoKF 3 VG+ (

Action Comics 445 F/VF ($1.81) | Our Fighting Forces 154 VG/F ($1.57) | Warlord 6 VG+ ($.40)

More pics to come...
0 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/27/2016

robotcat
robotcat
First up, an Alien Worlds lot that I won for $11.99.
(There was also a #1, but I already had a copy, so no pic.)

The Inhumans, I got as part of a mixed lot for which I paid about 30% over guide( the others were nice issues, they were just all low grade books, that I already had). The Defenders were part of an all Defenders lot that I got for less than 1/2 guide. I already have a full run, but these two were upgrades. The extras included #27, the 1st Starhawk.

Inhumans 4 FN ($3.73) | Defenders 29 FN+ ($1.34) | Defenders 44 FN+ ($.67)

I'll have more pics tomorrow night.

(You can go here to see a slideshow of these and what's coming up: http://s563.photobucket.com/user/robot-cat/slideshow/comics%20-%20mixed/2016-07)
0 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/27/2016

robotcat
robotcat
Here's 8 of 9 books, I picked up for $10.32. (Ninth was Chips and Vanilla #1 - already had a copy).

They're mostly in the FN range with the exception of Xenozoic Tales (VF) and Blue Loco (NM-), but I mostly just got them for reading, so condition wasn't much of concern when I bid, especially with the purchase price being just $1.15 each.

more pics to come...
0 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/27/2016

robotcat
robotcat
Up first, 3 Kulls I picked up for about guide. They were part of an 8 Kull comic lot. 3 of the others went for sale and the other 2 were pretty beat up, so no pic.

The Bloodshots, Secret Six, and SSM(upgrade), I won as part of a 60 comic lot for $19.86. So about 3 for $1. The rest of the comics went up for sale. Mostly in my $1 bins, which their conditions warranted. Kind of disappointed with the purchase, because of the conditions, but the cost was low enough, that I'm not worried about being able to make my money back. (I've already gotten $2.50.)

They XYR is from the next lot I will be posting.

more pics to come tomorrow night
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

7/28/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
robotcat wrote:
Here's 8 of 9 books, I picked up for $10.32. (Ninth was Chips and Vanilla #1 - already had a copy).

They're mostly in the FN range with the exception of Xenozoic Tales (VF) and Blue Loco (NM-), but I mostly just got them for reading, so condition wasn't much of concern when I bid, especially with the purchase price being just $1.15 each.

more pics to come...

Them some crazy looking books Robo.
+1 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/29/2016

robotcat
robotcat
Here's what I kept from a 63 comic lot I won for $21. So basically 3 for $1. Nothing particularly valuable, but some neat books, nonetheless. [Megaton #2 is the 1st appearance of Savage Dragon. The Berni Wrightson: Master of the Macabre completes my run from that series.] Plus, there were enough I didn't want, I shouldn't have any problem making the purchase price back.

more pics tomorrow night
edited by robotcat on 7/29/2016
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

7/29/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Oh! yeah...
I like the Caliber covers.
The Tomb of Dracula is nice (seen that one before) & those Tales of Terror's skeleton cover's sweeeeet.
Nice posting Robo.
+1 link
Robbie
Robbie

7/29/2016

Robbie
Robbie
Those 80s indy horror comics are great reads. Someday they'll be rediscovered and shoot up in value.
non-code color comics. Complete stories in one issue.
Xen. Tales has some wonderful art.
edited by Robbie on 7/29/2016
+1 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/30/2016

robotcat
robotcat
These 3 I picked up for about 1/3 off guide. They were part of a 50 DC comic lot, in which I was a little disappointed after grading the lot. Pretty much all of the comics were from 1971-1974 with a few before and after, but they were all low grade, so I didn't think I could turn a profit on it or get my money back, at least in a reasonable amount of time, but it looks like I've done okay, so far.

I graded these about a year ago, and put them on a shelf of ungraded books instead of in a "file away" box. I came across them a couple of weeks ago when I was going through the ungraded books, that have been stacked on top. I knew I had sold some, so I just went through my sales records, and over the past year I've sold 16 of the 47 I put out for sale for $48.40. Only $14.35 to go! (Mostly Superman books left, which I don't seem to move very often, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.smile)

Oh yeah, here's the books
Dark Mansion VG+ | New Gods 8 G/VG | Green Lantern 84 GD

I won all of the ones below for $5.62 each(with s/h) just over 3 years ago. The seller had grades for each one, but his accuracy was sometimes lacking.

Overall, I got the books for just over 1/3 off guide. They were mostly mid-grade, so the total dollar savings were higher than the above lot. I sold 2 books that I got with these, but as these were won in separate auctions, I was largely just buying for myself and not resale... at least not in the short term.

Werewolf by Night 6 FN- | WBN 8 FN- | WBN 9 FN+ (1/3 , 1/3, & 1/2 off guide)

Fear 17 FN+ | Hulk 148 FN (About 2X guide, yikes, and just over guide.)

Fantastic Four 80 G/VG | FF 143 VG/F | FF 146 FN (under/over/about guide)

Amazing Spider-Man FR (lg piece missing from back cover upset) | Avengers 64 FN | Av 77 FN+
(4X guide for the Spidey, but just over 1/2 off on #64 and close to 2/3 off on #77)

Avengers 80 VG/F | Avengers 86 VG/F | Captain America 175 F/VF
(Over 1/3 off for Avengers and over 2/3 off for Cap!)

more pics to come... they're not as cool as these, probably should have saved them for last. LOL
0 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/30/2016

robotcat
robotcat
I got these for just under $.50 each. Most have a low NM price guide value, so the total ended up being about guide. These were more for light reading not for a big score.

The Groos are in the VG range, and the rest are in the FN range.
Most of these are 2 per bag, so the issues will be in a kind of mixed order.

Love me some Groo. This will give me 24 total.(Thought I had more.)

Been slowly working on an Indy set. This will give me 13 total.

I read a lot of New Universe books around the time they came out, but they were among the ones I culled in the late 90s. Always wanted to rebuild the set. With these 15, I'll have a total of 19... quite a few more to get.

more pics to come....
0 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/30/2016

robotcat
robotcat
I got these for about $.30 each. They came with 31 assorted Xena: Warrior Princess books, but they were mostly in the lower FN range, and about were part of broken sets, so I decided just to put them up for sale. One of the variants I priced at $3. I bagged the complete sets together, but set them aside to read at the store. About 1/2 ended up in the dollar bin.

These are pretty much all in the FN range. (2 per bag, so out of order)

The Real Ghostbusters 1-12

I already have -2 to 22 from the X-Files set, so it was nice that this lot started off with #23.

more pics to come tomorrow night (3 posts that will conclude my latest folder of pics)
0 link