Gilgandra Back Issues 2.0 Messages in this topic - RSS

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855

1/7/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855
G'day fellow collectors, Well after the demise of our first forum (took me two years to build a back issues thread Lol).
But it's all good now & i'm happy to start anew!

So here we go...Enjoy.

Ghost Rider #15, Vol.3. July 1991. One of my favorite covers.




DC Comics Super Heroes, NM. 1989, 5th printing give'a'way.




The Vertigo Gallery #1, NM. January 1995. Cameo: Preacher. This came out the same month as Absolute Vertigo. Has only one pin up of the preacher gang.




Hellblazer #27, VF. March 1990. Scarce book & Has the night breed insert, I have 3 copies now Cool



edited by Gilgandra on 4/27/2018
+1 link
texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28

1/7/2016

texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28
Sweet books, Gil!!!

I can't wait to see your thread unfold!! Rock on!!

I need to cop one of those Vertigo Gallery #1s! That is a PRETTY DC Give-a-way! Bet those are scarce in high grades.


TEX
edited by texranger37 on 1/7/2016
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855

1/7/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855
Thanks Tex!
Good to see you visit me friend

I'm now after one more Hellblazer #27 slabbed (it won't cheap) but i'll try in the near future.
-1 link
axchou
axchou
Posts: 5

1/9/2016

axchou
axchou
Posts: 5
Nice comics, I liked that Ghost Rider comic since I was a kid.
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855

1/9/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855
axchou wrote:
Nice comics, I liked that Ghost Rider comic since I was a kid.




Thanks Axchou smile
It's one of my favorites from that time (90's) as well. Been a Texeira cover is a bonus
+1 link
texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28

1/10/2016

texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28
Gilgandra wrote:
Thanks Tex!
Good to see you visit me friend

I'm now after one more Hellblazer #27 slabbed (it won't cheap) but i'll try in the near future.




CRAP!!

I was trying to give a like and hit the wrong one. I'm sorry.

Of course, you know I'll be stopping in to see what you're up to over here. smile

Keep 'em coming!


TEX
0 link
axchou
axchou
Posts: 5

1/11/2016

axchou
axchou
Posts: 5
Lol, Tex. Bringing your thread down.

btw. if you remember Azxc, I'm him. Used 2 different usernames when I registered a long time ago.
+1 link
texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28

1/11/2016

texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28
axchou wrote:
Lol, Tex. Bringing your thread down.

btw. if you remember Azxc, I'm him. Used 2 different usernames when I registered a long time ago.


WHAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!?

OF COURSE I REMEMBER AZXC!!!

DUDE!! I had no idea!! I knew you were awesome, but I had no idea that Gilgangra was the Clark Kent to AZXC's Superman. LOL!!

MY BROTHER!!


TEX
0 link
axchou
axchou
Posts: 5

1/11/2016

axchou
axchou
Posts: 5
texranger37 wrote:
axchou wrote:
Lol, Tex. Bringing your thread down.

btw. if you remember Azxc, I'm him. Used 2 different usernames when I registered a long time ago.


WHAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!?

OF COURSE I REMEMBER AZXC!!!

DUDE!! I had no idea!! I knew you were awesome, but I had no idea that Gilgangra was the Clark Kent to AZXC's Superman. LOL!!

MY BROTHER!!


TEX




Tex. sorry for the confusion. Gilgandra is Gilgandra lol. My username for the price guide is Axchou and Azxc for the forums which unfortunately is no more along with my thread. But that doesn't matter, I haven't posted much. Maybe one day I will start up a thread again.
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855

1/12/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855
axchou wrote:
texranger37 wrote:
axchou wrote:
Lol, Tex. Bringing your thread down.

btw. if you remember Azxc, I'm him. Used 2 different usernames when I registered a long time ago.


WHAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!?

OF COURSE I REMEMBER AZXC!!!

DUDE!! I had no idea!! I knew you were awesome, but I had no idea that Gilgangra was the Clark Kent to AZXC's Superman. LOL!!

MY BROTHER!!


TEX




Tex. sorry for the confusion. Gilgandra is Gilgandra lol. My username for the price guide is Axchou and Azxc for the forums which unfortunately is no more along with my thread. But that doesn't matter, I haven't posted much. Maybe one day I will start up a thread again.




Yes I remember you Azxc.
Please...Start anew & get that awesome thread going!!!
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855

1/12/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855
Thought i'd show some of the older books from my last thread i had.
This is for anyone who has the need for a an awesome collection, Hope i've inspired you...Enjoy!

ASM #65, NM. October 1968. I was lucky to have bought this from a great seller who kept it for me. He said it was to good to have given it to just anyone...Much appreciated i was. It will be slabbed one day!




UXM #127, -NM. November 1979. One of the best ever X-Men story arcs. What a movie it would make!



Strange Tales #135, F. August 1965. 1st App: S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, Hydra, Imperial Hydra, Agent H & S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.



Fantastic Four Annual #2, -VF. September 1964. Origin of Dr.Doom, 1st App: Doomstadt & Dr. Doom's Castle.



JLA: Riddle of the Beasts (Elseworlds) HC, February 2002. Cover by Justin Sweet. HTF HC.



Batman #243, -NM. August 1972. Early Lazarus Pit. Neil Adams cover.



Warrior Magazine, -VF. March 1982. 1st App: V for Vendetta & Modern Age Marvel-man (Miracleman)




Secret Origins Special, -F. June 1961. Well what can i say...1st reprint of all the best DC had to offer at the time, Including The Flash. Not an easy book to find in any condition, Paid $40 for this copy smile



Supernatural Thrillers #1, VF. December 1972. 1st App: It. Jim Steranko cover. Not a book that's seen all that often.


Batman Adventures Special: Mad Love, NM. February 1994. Origin: Harley Quinn & Her 2nd Appearance. Everyone's after a copy of this book, But it was low print.



edited by Gilgandra on 4/28/2018
+2 link
brownchikano
brownchikano
Posts: 14

1/12/2016

brownchikano
brownchikano
Posts: 14
Awesome books Gil!!
I love Harley, just got a sweet harley book back from CGC myself.

Mad loves one of my favorite covers, got 2 issues myself, looking for more though as mine are not NM+
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Posts: 151

1/12/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Posts: 151
I saw a copy of that Supernatural Thrillers #1 at a con a few months back from a great seller. Ended up buying some of the Sterenko X-Men instead. I keep wondering if I should have tried to cut a better deal and add one more comic to the bundle. Didn't realize that it was a hard issue to find. You have a whole whack of cool issues there, Gil.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855

1/12/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855
brownchikano wrote:
Awesome books Gil!!
I love Harley, just got a sweet harley book back from CGC myself.

Mad loves one of my favorite covers, got 2 issues myself, looking for more though as mine are not NM+



Must admit, Never thought of getting another copy. They just don't turn up often enough.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855

1/12/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855
CapnDoug wrote:
I saw a copy of that Supernatural Thrillers #1 at a con a few months back from a great seller. Ended up buying some of the Sterenko X-Men instead. I keep wondering if I should have tried to cut a better deal and add one more comic to the bundle. Didn't realize that it was a hard issue to find. You have a whole whack of cool issues there, Gil.




Thanks Doug!
Supernatural Thrillers #1 isn't rare but i think it was one of those books that wasn't popular in the day, So maybe many copies were ruined by time or just thrown out. It is very hard to find in a higher grade.
I have never seen a copy of number 2. Which also graces a cover by Steranko. I have both reprints of them (Masters of Terror) Magazine.
0 link
texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28

1/12/2016

texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28
axchou wrote:
texranger37 wrote:
axchou wrote:
Lol, Tex. Bringing your thread down.

btw. if you remember Azxc, I'm him. Used 2 different usernames when I registered a long time ago.


WHAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!?

OF COURSE I REMEMBER AZXC!!!

DUDE!! I had no idea!! I knew you were awesome, but I had no idea that Gilgangra was the Clark Kent to AZXC's Superman. LOL!!

MY BROTHER!!


TEX




Tex. sorry for the confusion. Gilgandra is Gilgandra lol. My username for the price guide is Axchou and Azxc for the forums which unfortunately is no more along with my thread. But that doesn't matter, I haven't posted much. Maybe one day I will start up a thread again.


LOL!!

Man, this new format is confusing!!

Welcome back, brother! I am so glad to see you back on the block!!


TEX
0 link
texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28

1/12/2016

texranger37
texranger37
Posts: 28
Gilgandra wrote:
Thought i'd show some of the older books from my last thread i had.
This is for anyone who has the need for a an awesome collection, Hope i've inspired you...Enjoy!

ASM #65, NM. October 1968. I was lucky to have bought this from a great seller who kept it for me. He said it was to good to have given it to just anyone...Much appreciated i was. It will be slabbed one day!




UXM #127, -NM. November 1979. One of the best ever X-Men story arcs. What a movie it would make!



Strange Tales #135, F. August 1965. 1st App: S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, Hydra, Imperial Hydra, Agent H & S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.



Fantastic Four Annual #2, -VF. September 1964. Origin of Dr.Doom, 1st App: Doomstadt & Dr. Doom's Castle.



JLA: Riddle of the Beasts (Elseworlds) HC, February 2002. Cover by Justin Sweet. HTF HC.



Batman #243, -NM. August 1972. Early Lazarus Pit. Neil Adams cover.



Warrior Magazine, -VF. March 1982. 1st App: V for Vendetta & Modern Age Marvel-man (Miracleman)




Secret Origins Special, -F. June 1961. Well what can i say...1st reprint of all the best DC had to offer at the time, Including The Flash. Not an easy book to find in any condition, Paid $40 for this copy smile



Supernatural Thrillers #1, VF. December 1972. 1st App: It. Jim Steranko cover. Not a book that's seen all that often.



Batman Adventures Special: Mad Love, NM. February 1994. Origin: Harley Quinn & Her 2nd Appearance. Everyone's after a copy of this book, But it was low print.




OMG

You got SWEETIES in that batch!!!

There's an Elseworlds story that I haven't read?!! I NEED IT!!

Warrior #1 isn't just the 1st app of V for Vendetta, it is the first appearance of Alan Moore's superhero deconstruction tale, Marvel Man - it was the return of Marvel Man, Alan Moore style. He became Miracle Man for American audiences (and probably to quell any problems with Marvel Comics).

1st Nick Fury as SHIELD Agent...and 1st SHIELD and Hydra!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Great books, Gil!!

TEX
0 link
aarondawe
aarondawe
Posts: 127

1/12/2016

aarondawe
aarondawe
Posts: 127
Gilgandra wrote:
CapnDoug wrote:
I saw a copy of that Supernatural Thrillers #1 at a con a few months back from a great seller. Ended up buying some of the Sterenko X-Men instead. I keep wondering if I should have tried to cut a better deal and add one more comic to the bundle. Didn't realize that it was a hard issue to find. You have a whole whack of cool issues there, Gil.




Thanks Doug!
Supernatural Thrillers #1 isn't rare but i think it was one of those books that wasn't popular in the day, So maybe many copies were ruined by time or just thrown out. It is very hard to find in a higher grade.
I have never seen a copy of number 2. Which also graces a cover by Steranko. I have both reprints of them (Masters of Terror) Magazine.


You mean these?

I have to get better pictures, but I believe my #1 is upper grade (but perhaps not high grade).

My first post to the new forum (I preferred being 'thatjerk', but I guess I'm stuck with my price guide ID now. I find the new forum slow to load, so not sure how much I'll be posting.

Aaron
edited by aarondawe on 1/12/2016
+1 link
Crowman
Crowman
Posts: 160

1/12/2016

Crowman
Crowman
Posts: 160
Nice scores there, especially the ST #135.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855

1/13/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Posts: 855
aarondawe wrote:
Gilgandra wrote:
CapnDoug wrote:
I saw a copy of that Supernatural Thrillers #1 at a con a few months back from a great seller. Ended up buying some of the Sterenko X-Men instead. I keep wondering if I should have tried to cut a better deal and add one more comic to the bundle. Didn't realize that it was a hard issue to find. You have a whole whack of cool issues there, Gil.




Thanks Doug!
Supernatural Thrillers #1 isn't rare but i think it was one of those books that wasn't popular in the day, So maybe many copies were ruined by time or just thrown out. It is very hard to find in a higher grade.
I have never seen a copy of number 2. Which also graces a cover by Steranko. I have both reprints of them (Masters of Terror) Magazine.


You mean these?

I have to get better pictures, but I believe my #1 is upper grade (but perhaps not high grade).

My first post to the new forum (I preferred being 'thatjerk', but I guess I'm stuck with my price guide ID now. I find the new forum slow to load, so not sure how much I'll be posting.

Aaron
edited by aarondawe on 1/12/2016



G'day Aaron good to see you back. It doesn't load slow for me. I hope you start up a back issue thread!
Wow that's them, I have them all bar #2...Very cool indeed sir.
0 link
1234 ..8