CGC Graded/Encapsulated prices Messages in this topic - RSS

Heartbandit
Heartbandit

29 days ago

Heartbandit
Heartbandit
I haven't used this site for a number of years and now that I'm back on I've noticed the format has changed radically. They no longer list all the grades with the prices and no longer list the comparison prices for copies that they have been graded and encapsulated by them. I'm assuming that the few prices they now list are for raw issues only, so how does one figure out the value for the graded/encapsulated issues? Is there a section on this web site that I'm missing? I don't use Overstreet because over the years I've found them to show higher prices than PGX and CGC/CPG and I'm sure that's why virtually all dealers use them, so that they can charge more money, but if my memory serves me Overstreet does show the prices for graded/encapsulated issues. Am I going to have to start using Overstreet in order to price my 3rd party graded comics?
0 link
rustyauger
rustyauger

29 days ago

rustyauger
rustyauger
If you click on the issue number and then select Values top tab
+1 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

29 days ago

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Right now with the way prices are going you really need to research all over if you are pricing your graded books for sale. The market is rising daily on a lot of CGC/CBCS books. PGX not so much lol.
+1 link
rustyauger
rustyauger

29 days ago

rustyauger
rustyauger
Theoldcollector wrote:
Right now with the way prices are going you really need to research all over if you are pricing your graded books for sale. The market is rising daily on a lot of CGC/CBCS books. PGX not so much lol.

Hey I just sold an ASM 9 PGX 4.0 for $1200
+1 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

29 days ago

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Nice! I don't have anything against PGX it just seems that CGC is running the graded market right now and CBCS is the only one even partially close to them in prices normally. Now given older stuff like ASM 9 is kinda in it's own world and doesn't have to play the CGC game lol.
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

24 days ago

BasementComics
BasementComics
I think PGX is hit/miss. I talked to some dealers at a convention and most of them hate PGX as the graders they (used to) employ were not good at their jobs. I though I heard recently that they've gotten better at it but the PGX I have are probably from the questionable graders.

Knowing CGC and CBCS are leading the pack, I would probably go to them. CBCS sometimes does discounts monthly if sending books in bulk.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

23 days ago

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Heartbandit wrote:
... I don't use Overstreet because over the years I've found them to show higher prices than PGX and CGC/CPG and I'm sure that's why virtually all dealers use them, so that they can charge more money, but if my memory serves me Overstreet does show the prices for graded/encapsulated issues. Am I going to have to start using Overstreet in order to price my 3rd party graded comics?

none of the grading companies show comic values (other than pointing out a high dollar sale for marketing purposes), that's not their job, and while I haven't seen an Overstreet in years, they've not shown prices for 3rd party graded comics in the big book, as prices change too often. They stop at 9.2 because stuff over that fluctuates too much now, has for years. Graded comics usually sell for higher than raw, even mid-grade much of the time, so dealers are not using Overstreet to price raw books higher than graded ones. MANY raw books, mostly bronze-up, are priced higher in OPG than in the actual marketplace, so dealers may go by that to get those higher prices if they can. Some dealers ask GRADED prices for their raw books too, especially if high grade or rare, but dunno how often that works. But OPG is always behind the times, so not really accurate for many books. I sent you a message about this, and suggested the online service to use to track CGC values, so did you get it?
0 link