Taskmaster

3/2/2021

Taskmaster
Taskmaster
West Coast Avengers #62
West Coast Avengers #56

As well as some other WCA books

Is there something we are missing???

It seems that "Hot" book or books to "Watch" never show up until these have gone up already?

And reason why? It seems like some people know ahead of time and do not let anyone else know

In the "old" days people gave a "heads up" not anymore I take it....upset
-1 link
glorkar
glorkar

3/2/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Both of these book are pure speculation based on Disney+ television shows.
WCA 62 is the first appearance of the Time Keepers - there are statues shown in the trailer for the Loki show that hint they might be major players
WCA 56 is the first appearance of Dark Scarlet Witch - the Wandavision television show has basically been moving in the direction of The Scarlet Witch doing her whole "no more mutants" thing and turning evil.

So basically if you watch tv and pay attention, you may pick up on little hints or easter eggs. That's all it is. Watching the right thing at the right time.
0 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

3/3/2021

rgtichy
rgtichy
Given how generally underwhelming the WCA was as a series, I guess that means there is some scarcity, too. But, how do you really get past the "underwhelming" part?
+1 link
5fiddy
5fiddy

3/25/2021

5fiddy
5fiddy
It seems that "Hot" book or books to "Watch" never show up until these have gone up already?

And reason why? It seems like some people know ahead of time and do not let anyone else know

In the "old" days people gave a "heads up" not anymore I take it....

In the old days people would also do their own research on the books and bought what they liked, and not what everyone else is chasing.
+1 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

3/25/2021

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
5Fiddy wrote:

In the "old" days people gave a "heads up" not anymore I take it....

In the old days people would also do their own research on the books and bought what they liked, and not what everyone else is chasing.

This is nothing new. More people are joining in because it's so much easier to jump on the speculation train early. Lots of these speculation trends don't assure that the books will continue to accrue value.

Lots of key appearances came in run of the mill books because few books ever become keys. In fact "key" has largely become a marketing term more than a descriptor. I don't fret over speculation though so none of this bothers me it's always been a part of the market.
0 link