Comics going up in price Messages in this topic - RSS

scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975

3/2/2021

scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975
Fantastic Four #185 - 1st Nicholas Scratch and 1st full Witches of Salem

fantastic four 185 | eBay

Totally Awesome Hulk #1 - 1st Amadeus Cho as Hulk.

totally awesome hulk 1 1st Amadeus Cho | eBay

Avengers #33 (2020) - Harder to get during COVID-19 shutdown.

avengers 33 moon knight | eBay
0 link
5fiddy
5fiddy

3/25/2021

5fiddy
5fiddy
Why is Avengers #33 hard to get during the shutdown? Wouldn't all books shipped during that time be "harder to get"? There seems to be a lot of copies on eBay.
0 link
5fiddy
5fiddy

3/25/2021

5fiddy
5fiddy

Doesn't look like FF #185 is doing much either unless it's part of a lot.
0 link
rustyauger
rustyauger

4/13/2021

rustyauger
rustyauger
Kanan The Last Padawan #6 - 1st Full Sabine Wren and Ezra Bridger - CGC 9.8 listed here @ $135

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=kanan+the+last+padawan+6+cgc+9.8&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_udlo=&_sop=1&_udhi=&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1
edited by rustyauger on 4/13/2021
0 link
rustyauger
rustyauger

4/15/2021

rustyauger
rustyauger
Heir to the Empire #1 - 1st Thrawn - CGC 9.6 listed here as $373

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=heir+to+the+empire+1+cgc+9.6&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/15/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
To get a price update go to the issue and submit a value change suggestion. Suggesting a change on the forum goes around all the people who have already submitted changes through the system. I'm not trying to be harsh or mean just to be fair with all of our members.

The values for virtually all comics are going through the roof. I personally have never seen a market like this and I lived through the death of Superman back in the day.
Ron
+1 link
rustyauger
rustyauger

4/15/2021

rustyauger
rustyauger
Hi Ron,

No offense, but I submitted dozens of value updates but hardly any were changed so I figured I would post them here

Besides, whether you update the price or not doesn't change the fact that I am just posting about a comic's value in the Market Watch section of the forum
edited by rustyauger on 4/15/2021
+1 link
lokyel
lokyel

4/16/2021

lokyel
lokyel
Ronbatman wrote:
To get a price update go to the issue and submit a value change suggestion. Suggesting a change on the forum goes around all the people who have already submitted changes through the system. I'm not trying to be harsh or mean just to be fair with all of our members.

The values for virtually all comics are going through the roof. I personally have never seen a market like this and I lived through the death of Superman back in the day.
Ron

Ron

I have stated on multi forms about
Transformers Generation 2 Halloween Special Edition #1 Values and Pricing | Marvel Comics | The Comic Price Guide (comicspriceguide.com)

and even put in the the values update request but all i keep seeing is the same books change 3 and 4 times
and the price is still the same
if i could buy them at that price i would be super happy
edited by lokyel on 4/16/2021
+1 link
royal1969
royal1969

4/16/2021

royal1969
royal1969
I would agree that the market seems really heated across the board. But let’s face it we all have a tendency to get focused on what interests us so I have a certain amount of sympathy for anyone or any team trying to make sense and keep track of every little mini trend. I tend to follow silver and golden age a bit more than the more recent “hot” comics but am always pleasantly surprised to find out that a newer purchase is a thing but am also old enough to know how fleeting those big run ups on price can be. Give it some time and see if it’s sustained or not. Frankly I don’t think making sure a 2 year old comic is properly reflected at $20 instead of $15 should be a priority.

That said some things I am seeing of interest are:

Anything Ditko — especially Spider-Man but the Charlton issues are moving too
Silver surfer 3 wtf?! Seriously.
EC comics — I think they are being rediscovered as silver age prices are getting a little high
Scarlet witch but not vision
Sabrina still moving a bit and that seems to be drawing interest to Dan Decarlo and then to other “good girl” comics
Moon Knight (don’t get it)
Batman of course
First Nubia in Wonder Woman
Hulk 181 even when missing the stamp

Some that seem to be slowing
Neil Adam’s Green Lantern
Kirby DC
DC war comics which were hot 2 years ago
Journey into Mystery and Thor
Guardians of The Who?

Some things I wish were hotter 😂
Daredevil
John Byrne x-men and FF
TOS, TTA, JIM
Avengers 4
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

29 days ago

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Royal, Good insights across the board. This is a difficult market to figure out because some things continue to rise and other really good books, quality art, top-notch story, etc. are quiet. I'm sure several of you remember the days when Wizard would hype something and the price would go through the roof. Or they would inflate something BEFORE it got hot. That is happening with a few YouTubers and a competitive price guide that inflates things. I received one example where the Fair Market Value said $1300 and the actual sales were $400 to $500. Why? Why intentionally inflate the market? This didn't work out the first time around and eventually, it will cycle back to more of a normal pattern.

Lokyei, have you ever seen Christmas Vacation? "The lights aren't twinkling Clark?" smile Two members own that specific book so a book like Nova 1 which we changed this week, that over 600 members own is a better use of our time. We receive 1000's of requests each month, customer service, corrections, UPC, app, pressing, prices, variants, new books, etc. All I can say is that with our current staffing levels this is the best we can do. You receive all of this for less than $1/week if you are a Gold member. That is a steal for all the work involved! I will get to your book but I cannot promise when.
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

26 days ago

BasementComics
BasementComics
A coverless Detective 38 (1st Robin) just sold for a whopping $4000. DETECTIVE COMICS 38 - DC COMICS 1940 - COVERLESS - FIRST ROBIN | eBay

My copy is PGX. I wonder if it would be worth more out of the case (because people think PGX is garbage) LOL.
0 link
rustyauger
rustyauger

26 days ago

rustyauger
rustyauger
I just sold a ASM 9 PGX 4.0 for $1200

I would keep it in the case
0 link
lokyel
lokyel

25 days ago

lokyel
lokyel
BasementComics wrote:
A coverless Detective 38 (1st Robin) just sold for a whopping $4000. DETECTIVE COMICS 38 - DC COMICS 1940 - COVERLESS - FIRST ROBIN | eBay

My copy is PGX. I wonder if it would be worth more out of the case (because people think PGX is garbage) LOL.

you could always have it cross graded.
0 link
scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975

25 days ago

scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975
I tried going to an issue and can’t find anywhere where there is a price suggestion. I see several key issues like Incredible Hulk 180, Giant Size X-Men 1, Avengers Annual 10, etc that keep climbing in value and can’t find where to go to submit price suggestions. I know it’s hard to keep track of every issue rising and I just want to help when I can to make it as easy on you guys doing the research.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

25 days ago

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
scottjones_1975 wrote:
I tried going to an issue and can’t find anywhere where there is a price suggestion. I see several key issues like Incredible Hulk 180, Giant Size X-Men 1, Avengers Annual 10, etc that keep climbing in value and can’t find where to go to submit price suggestions. I know it’s hard to keep track of every issue rising and I just want to help when I can to make it as easy on you guys doing the research.

only paying members can submit value changes, so I don't think the link for that on the issue's Values tab shows if you're a free member, as it doesn't show to me.
see this thread, may have more info: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic13726-new-feature--paying-members-suggest-value-changes.aspx
and this thread: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic13927-updating-comic-values.aspx
edited by collectibleshop on 4/21/2021
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

25 days ago

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
If you go in to the issue, specifically click on the issue number. You can go to the value tab. If you have the option then in the upper right, above "Graded Value" is a button called "Suggest Value Update". If you hit that button you can follow the prompts and suggest updates as needed.

I don't do it often, I know Ron and his staff are doing their best to keep up with the trends. But, for glaring stuff (major keys mostly) I will. I did ST #110 a few weeks ago. And even since I suggested it, I see the prices flying higher already.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

25 days ago

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
I checked, and scottjones is a bronze member, so he won't see the option to suggest a value.
0 link
scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975

25 days ago

scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975
Ok, that explains why I can’t see the “Suggest Value Update”
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

24 days ago

rixmaxx