Is my third eye blind? Messages in this topic - RSS

roner
roner

11 days ago

roner
roner
Hi all,

I've read through the FAQ's (copy & pasted below) and tried to find the 'watch' links and checkbox to subscribe to forums & topics.. can someone please post a screenshot or two to help?

FYI - I'm on a MacBook Pro, latest OS - Mojave 10.14.5 , using Safari 12.1.1

tanks in advance (& then the bombers)

============================
Topic Subscriptions And Bookmarks
How do I subscribe to specific forums or topics?

To subscribe to a specific forum, click the "watch this forum for new topics" link upon entering the forum. To subscribe to a topic, reply to the topic with the subscribe checkbox checked or click the "watch this topic for replies" link within the topic itself.
edited by roner on 8/13/2019
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

10 days ago

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
those are old features that didn't make it to the 'new' forum. They've been told more than once the FAQ needs updating on this, and nothing happens. I asked that question months and months ago too. And you can't easily send a private message FROM the forum either anymore, you have to jump thru the hoops of clicking on Community>members menu at the top of the page, and hoping the search can find the user name (half the time for me it can't, even copying and pasting the user name), so you have to go thru the alphabet links, then you can click the name and get the 'message me' button. so admins, when will someone update the FAQ and get it right, and remove the 'my subscriptions' link from our profiles?

oh, you can supposedly 'subscribe' to a forum post via the RSS feed icon that follows the subject/title, but I don't know if it works. but that should be added to the FAQs too.
0 link
roner
roner

7 days ago

roner
roner
collectibleshop wrote:
those are old features that didn't make it to the 'new' forum. They've been told more than once the FAQ needs updating on this, and nothing happens. I asked that question months and months ago too. And you can't easily send a private message FROM the forum either anymore, you have to jump thru the hoops of clicking on Community>members menu at the top of the page, and hoping the search can find the user name (half the time for me it can't, even copying and pasting the user name), so you have to go thru the alphabet links, then you can click the name and get the 'message me' button. so admins, when will someone update the FAQ and get it right, and remove the 'my subscriptions' link from our profiles?

oh, you can supposedly 'subscribe' to a forum post via the RSS feed icon that follows the subject/title, but I don't know if it works. but that should be added to the FAQs too.

Thanks for the note. That's a shame. Those features would really induce more community participation. I recently signed up as a gold member (lol btw), and was hoping for CPG to grow as a business - for themselves, the readers and the industry.
0 link