Spider-Girl 1/2 Wizard Hologram - Question Messages in this topic - RSS

kds_comics
kds_comics

9/2/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
I have been collecting for a long and this one has me confused.

I have Spider-Girl 1/2 with the Wizard certificate. - okay so far. Looking at the book inside the original bag - It has a hologram on lower right side of the cover that says "WIZARD" I take the comics out of the bag - the hologram is on the bag, not on the comic. What the? Is this the copy with the hologram or was there a copy where the hologram was printed on the comic itself? Thanks

KDS
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

9/2/2018

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
kds_comics wrote:
I have been collecting for a long and this one has me confused.

I have Spider-Girl 1/2 with the Wizard certificate. - okay so far. Looking at the book inside the original bag - It has a hologram on lower right side of the cover that says "WIZARD" I take the comics out of the bag - the hologram is on the bag, not on the comic. What the? Is this the copy with the hologram or was there a copy where the hologram was printed on the comic itself? Thanks

KDS

I have a couple of those and I have seen quite a few more, I have never seen "wizard" printed directly on the book, only on the bag. I was a diligent Wizard #1/2 collector, I sent in every chance I got. smile
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

9/2/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
rixmaxx wrote:

I have a couple of those and I have seen quite a few more, I have never seen "wizard" printed directly on the book, only on the bag. I was a diligent Wizard #1/2 collector, I sent in every chance I got. smile

Thanks for clearing this up - I am going to update my CPG Spider-Girl 1/2 picture with the bag and cert here https://comicspriceguide.com/sales/kdscomics/spider-girl/0.5A/phyyhtx

Does this work for everyone? I really like the new wrap-around cover pictures - why not cover with hologram bag and cert? Thanks
What do you think?

KDS
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

9/2/2018

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
kds_comics wrote:
rixmaxx wrote:

Thanks for clearing this up - I am going to update my CPG Spider-Girl 1/2 picture with the bag and cert here https://comicspriceguide.com/sales/kdscomics/spider-girl/0.5A/phyyhtx

Does this work for everyone? I really like the new wrap-around cover pictures - why not cover with hologram bag and cert? Thanks
What do you think?

KDS

This site is the only one that I know of that makes the "Hologram" distinction. The hologram on the bag came on every #1/2 book you sent for (I have a pile of around 50 of them) Like I said, I've never seen a book with the "wizard" printed directly on the book itself. I could be wrong ( I doubt it ) but I think the two listings are the same, one with the bag and one without.That would be wrong, having the bag does not make it worth $10 more. The bags are inter-changeable. I wish the picture showing the "hologram" was less cropped so you could tell if it was in a bag or not.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

9/4/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
This site is the only one that I know of that makes the "Hologram" distinction. The hologram on the bag came on every #1/2 book you sent for (I have a pile of around 50 of them) Like I said, I've never seen a book with the "wizard" printed directly on the book itself. I could be wrong ( I doubt it ) but I think the two listings are the same, one with the bag and one without.That would be wrong, having the bag does not make it worth $10 more. The bags are inter-changeable. I wish the picture showing the "hologram" was less cropped so you could tell if it was in a bag or not.

I have Wizard's Lady Death 1/2 and Wizard's Avengelyene 1/2 - neither have a hologram on the bag. Darkchylde 1/2 - one issue came with certificate, and another came with holo logo and certificate (holo on the bag or the book?) We need a new thread just to catalogue this craziness!!!

A good partial list is here.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?SeriesID=13720361

The Darkchylde uissues are correctly catalogues at CPG here

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/darkchylde/uiyt

Hope this add to the complete and total confusion...

KDS
0 link
rhudman
rhudman

6/22/2019

rhudman
rhudman
At that time, Wizard was selling comic supplies.. No book ever had the Wizard holo. Just the bags. The early 1/2 didn't have holos, just the later ones.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

9/17/2019

kds_comics
kds_comics
rhudman wrote:
At that time, Wizard was selling comic supplies.. No book ever had the Wizard holo. Just the bags. The early 1/2 didn't have holos, just the later ones.

That would be incorrect. See Darchylde 1/2 with holo on comic from 1997. Huzzah!!
edited by kds_comics on 9/17/2019
0 link