Which type of Comic Book Collector are you?

The Completist: 5
Married Collector: 8
"Look There's a Squirrel" Collector: 1
Old Man Collector: 4
The Investor: 1
The Aspiring Artist Collector: 0

Types of Comic Book Collectors Messages in this topic - RSS

Oxbladder
Oxbladder

3/19/2018

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Sped read the post and I would say I don't fit in any category. I collect what I want to collect and while value is a nice byproduct it isn't what decides what I want to buy. Well, beyond me not being able to afford a desired book that is. Oh maybe if I am going to be spending a lo9t on a book I might want it to be one that has a better chance of selling for a profit or at least for as much as it was purchased for in the first place, but to be perfectly honest I am not buying very expensive books. The last time I spent over $100 on a book I was buying it to flip and not for my collection. I am a modern comic fan, though I do enjoy book from all eras, and I spend most of my money on them so I really don't buy back issues that often and nowadays I primarily focus on back issues mostly between 1970 and now my want list of books prior to 1970 is mighty small and most I have to take care of current debt before I take a shot at buying copies of those books.
0 link

3/19/2018

When CrossGen was folding/backruptcy Marvel/Disney bought the rights I believe. Marvel did a limited Solus series if I remember right, which was not that good and then Sigil and Ruse I think... I still feel Meridian would be perfect for a film.
0 link
jokerbangedquinn
jokerbangedquinn

3/19/2018

jokerbangedquinn
jokerbangedquinn
Frustrating, on forum less than 30 minutes and it logged me out. Re-did log in and site signed me out again in less than 10 minutes and the above post.
On the poll, not really one type of collector but married and investor would be me. Most stuff now I buy is only DC and Batman books, besides a sprinkling of odd comics and now getting into pulp books.
0 link
rperryx2000
rperryx2000

3/28/2018

rperryx2000
rperryx2000
Oh well, I typed up a big response but was kicked out of the forum.

Long story short: Completist/Married for Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Spawn, Aliens, Predator, Star Wars, and all Valiant books (especially Pre-Unity, Gold, and Signature Series).

Squirrel: lenticular, hologram, foil, embossed comic covers from nearly every major publisher

Old Man: Have not enjoyed and thus stopped buying all X-Men books after 2010.
edited by rperryx2000 on 3/28/2018
0 link