The Dark Tower Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

15 days ago

colbalt91
colbalt91
You might as well forget this movie. Traditionally August has been known as the month to dump movies that the studio's feel will be ignored. This is the month that families are busy getting ready for school and purchasing school supplies, and stuff like that, and they don't have that much time to go see a movie. That way if a movie fails you can blame it on that. Forget that the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" opened up in August many years ago.
Simply put, the plot of this movie is good versus evil. Idris Elba plays the good, someone called the Gunslinger, and Matthew McConaughey plays the bad, a guy named Walter who wants to destroy the world as we know it. Yes, you have the good, and you have the bad, and the ugly is the movie.
This movie, "The Dark Tower," is based on a series of Stephen King novels. They were also made into comic books. That is the most positive thing I can say about this film.
If you take Matthew McConaughey away from a surfer role or the role of somebody from Texas, he is out of his waters. Perhaps, this movie would have had a better chance with Matthew McConaughey playing the Gunslinger. As an evil being, McConaughey's laconic speech and slightly Texas accent that slips through occasionally, does not work.
The length of this movie is very short compared with the much longer length movies have been lately. This movie is a little bit more than an hour and a half long. "The Dark Tower" moves along quite quickly, but you do not care about anything that is happening on the screen.
"The Dark Tower" is definitely a movie to avoid.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

14 days ago

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
As always Cobalt very informative good sir.
I will avoid this ...Dark ...Tower!
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

14 days ago

Defiant1
Defiant1
I wasn't going to see it. You validated my decision.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

11 days ago

kds_comics
kds_comics
Generally you are correct about August movies. Notable exception is the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

10 days ago

colbalt91
colbalt91
Yes, I said that in my first paragraph about the "Guardians of the Galaxy."
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

9 days ago

kds_comics
kds_comics
colbalt91 wrote:
Yes, I said that in my first paragraph about the "Guardians of the Galaxy."

Cannot forget it. It happened.
0 link

Comic Book Store Locator

Don't let this happen to you. Try our new Comic Book Shop Locator service today!

CPG Comic Book Store Locator

CPG Partners

Our partners help make CPG possible.
We couldn't do it without them!

Become a Partner Today
Warning: Your Internet Explorer is outdated and unsafe. This site features advanced technology that works best on modern web browsers. It's free to upgrade.
Warning: CPG works best with Javascript enabled. Some site features may be unavailable.