Free Fire starring Brie Larson Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

4/16/2017

colbalt91
colbalt91
"Free Fire" stars Brie Larson, who could possibly be the new Captain Marvel, in an entourage movie which essentially is a firefight in a warehouse. That's the plot! Two different gangs meetup, one with money to buy weapons and one with weapons to receive money. Oh, yes, this film also takes place in the 1970's.
For some reason one of the gangs is Irish, complete with Irish and British accents which hinders the audience's comprehension of some of the dialogue, as you may well imagine. Perhaps the film company is hoping for a further payoff in England. To legitimize the Irish accents it is made clear the Irish gang is buying the weapons to help the IRA out in Ireland.
So for an hour and a half there is one of the biggest shootouts ever in a large warehouse. Gangsters are shot up right and left, never seeming to die. At least not immediately, as the film has to last an hour and a half. One gangster, who appeared to be dead, even comes back alive only to shortly go back to being dead.
After a while it seems like this movie is like a Tom and Jerry cartoon. Extreme violence appears only to enact only minor damage. That could be why this movie takes place in the 1970's as the weapons being bought are the top of the line for that time period. If this movie where to be filmed today the warehouse would probably have gone up in a nuclear blast within five minutes.
Even though "Free Fire" is just an hour and a half of mindless violence, it was entertaining. After a while my mind became a little numb to the ceaseless repetition of guns going off and people being shot, but I made it through the movie without being bored.
Armie Hammer(a former Spider-Man) and Cillian Murphy(the Scarecrow in a Batman movie) also have rolls as gangsters. So, a comic book fan could think of it as Captain Marvel meets Spider-Man meets the Scarecrow.
An interesting film.
edited by colbalt91 on 4/16/2017
edited by colbalt91 on 4/16/2017
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

4/16/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Nice review Cobalt smile
Just yesterday i watched the new Ghost Busters movie on DVD (still catching up on some movies Lol). Yep! It was bad, Way to much cheap special effects for me sorry!
Although it had some funny moments like after the ghost got hit in the subway & Leslie Jones say's it was the third scariest thing on that train.
0 link

Comic Book Store Locator

Don't let this happen to you. Try our new Comic Book Shop Locator service today!

CPG Comic Book Store Locator

CPG Partners

Our partners help make CPG possible.
We couldn't do it without them!

Become a Partner Today
Warning: Your Internet Explorer is outdated and unsafe. This site features advanced technology that works best on modern web browsers. It's free to upgrade.
Warning: CPG works best with Javascript enabled. Some site features may be unavailable.