Need Help for my Son ! Messages in this topic - RSS

sclingerman
sclingerman

4/10/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
My son has started watching a lot of Japanese anime, and I'm afraid this will lead to him reading Manga!
What can I do???
0 link
jokerbangedquinn
jokerbangedquinn

4/10/2017

jokerbangedquinn
jokerbangedquinn
Ignore his needs or join in with him! What is wrong reading a book backwards?!!! Seems like a good thing to do with him. Looking for stores with manga, going together, reading together, what is so bad about that?
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

4/10/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
I've watched alot of Anime & stay right away from Manga Lol.
Although i do sometimes get the Dark Horse English re-prints of them. Akira, Astroboy & Ghost in the Shell.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

4/10/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Outside of institutionalizing him you could try and join him in his interest and introduce him to the variety of manga out there. There are a plethora of good reads in the manga universe.
+1 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/10/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
Put him up for adoption immediately.

Defiant1
+2 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

4/11/2017

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Watching Anime to reading Magna doesn't really translate. It's more the action that fascinates a child. I wouldn't worry too much about it. smile......... Unless YOU secretly want to start reading Magna. smile
+1 link
lealew7
lealew7

4/11/2017

lealew7
lealew7
i spent all of my childhood watching any anime i could get my hands on. I may have a dirty mind wink but it never distracted me into an Anime freak. i love drawing in anime/manga style because the art is what gets me the mostsmile it actually got me more into the life i am into now; not only did i like the action, i loved some of the stories, the art, and the music. Original audio is best though because american voice overs can sometimes make them far cheesier than they should be, lol, just saying. Do not be tooo worried, you never know what or how it could benefit for your kidsmile
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

4/11/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
Defiant1 wrote:
Put him up for adoption immediately.

Defiant1

BEST ANSWER!!!

But I'll keep him... he does like superhero comics, Star Wars, and The Three Stooges.

(At last this category finally got SOME action!)
+1 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/11/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I have a perplexing dilemma that my girlfriend grew up watching anime & reading Manga. I have been trying to self-hypnotize myself into forgetting the fact. I really do like her despite knowing it's true.
+1 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

4/12/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
Defiant1 wrote:
I have a perplexing dilemma that my girlfriend grew up watching anime & reading Manga. I have been trying to self-hypnotize myself into forgetting the fact. I really do like her despite knowing it's true.

Your only silver lining here is if she dresses up in skimpy anime cosplay for you.
Other than that, you'll just have to accept her for who she is.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/13/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
sclingerman wrote:
Defiant1 wrote:

Your only silver lining here is if she dresses up in skimpy anime cosplay for you.

She'd look good in a burlap sack. I don't care what she wears or doesn't wear. We did discuss her dressing up with a wig of blue hair but I'm pretty sure she'd never actually do any cosplay. She could pass as a modern day Cleopatra without doing anything outside of her normal routine.

Defiant1
+1 link
SimonMayers
SimonMayers

5/19/2017

SimonMayers
SimonMayers
Actually watching anime is not bad, there are many anime series about friendship, determination. You just control your son not to watch too much without playing sports or watching adult anime series.
driving directions
http://driving-directionsmaps.com/
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

5/19/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
Joke's over.
(As is the ONLY topic to ever be in this Manga forum.)
+1 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/19/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I was completely serious!

Defiant1
+2 link
jokerbangedquinn
jokerbangedquinn

5/19/2017

jokerbangedquinn
jokerbangedquinn
Ha! That's funny.
+1 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/19/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
Heh heh!
+1 link
expander
expander

5/20/2017

expander
expander
sclingerman wrote:
Defiant1 wrote:

or you you could just grow a few tentacles.........lol
edited by expander on 5/20/2017
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/21/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I already have those. Four tentacles and each spit off into 5 smaller ones at the end.
+1 link
expander
expander

5/23/2017

expander
expander
lol!!!
0 link

Comic Book Store Locator

Don't let this happen to you. Try our new Comic Book Shop Locator service today!

CPG Comic Book Store Locator

CPG Partners

Our partners help make CPG possible.
We couldn't do it without them!

Become a Partner Today
Warning: Your Internet Explorer is outdated and unsafe. This site features advanced technology that works best on modern web browsers. It's free to upgrade.
Warning: CPG works best with Javascript enabled. Some site features may be unavailable.