Profile Picture

The Astonishing Spider-Man (1978) #18 (Giant Sized)???

Posted By djstorm2008 2 Years Ago
Rated .5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
QuestionMark Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Serious Collector

Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have a Giant Sized Edition of a "The Astonishing Spider-Man" comic from 1978 that I can't find listed anywhere! It is one that also has The X-Men, Iron Fist, Werewolf By Night, & Ghost Rider all as Co-Stars. It says it's "A special collector's edition of Spidey's greatest team-ups!" It also says "Marvel Treasury Edition" on the top. The cover price was $2.00
I need to know what it's worth now! I'm trying to sell most of my collection to cover moving expenses.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/45e9bf4b-6e0f-4d2b-8ea2-d5eb.gif
The Ultimate Bar/Club DJ
Earl Davis
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Friend of CPG

Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)Friend of CPG (46.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
You should find it listed under Marvel Treasury edition.

Earl.
djstorm2008
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Serious Collector

Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)Serious Collector (427 reputation)

No such listing! I already looked before I posted this!

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/45e9bf4b-6e0f-4d2b-8ea2-d5eb.gif
The Ultimate Bar/Club DJ
djstorm2008
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Serious Collector

You need to be more specific! I expected to find Marvel Treasury Edition listed in the same place as Marvel. I didn't expect it to be the actual Name of the comic! I should have been able to find it by typing in The Astonishing Spider-Man! Those comics are very poorly listed!!! Angry

The Ultimate Bar/Club DJ
pmadreenter
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
When you hit a wall like this, look at the publisher's info at the bottom of the first page to make sure you're looking up the correct title.

It would make no sense to list this as "Astonishing Spider-Man" #18 if there's no such books as "Astonishing Spider-Man #1-17". I'd be a little more cautious about blaming the site for my own mistakes.

"You're the one that got out the damn saran-wrap and the rubber cement and the... duct-taping their hands to the table? You told me that was COOL!"

"Punching apes in the face since 2011"
sclingerman
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.0K reputation)

pmadreenter (3/1/2012)
When you hit a wall like this, look at the publisher's info at the bottom of the first page to make sure you're looking up the correct title.

It would make no sense to list this as "Astonishing Spider-Man" #18 if there's no such books as "Astonishing Spider-Man #1-17". I'd be a little more cautious about blaming the site for my own mistakes.

And the whole "catch more flies with honey" thing. Fewer exclamation points and such.
I'll chalk it up to frustration and a bad day, and not assume its your usual self.

And welcome to the boards! Those Treasury comics are nice ones to have.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh please, you couldn't even turn into Bill Bixby.
djstorm2008
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Serious Collector

The Astonishing Spider-Man is the Title of the Comic! Therefore it should be able to be found that way! There should be a way for the site to list the full title properly! Not just the special title!

The Ultimate Bar/Club DJ
djstorm2008
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Serious Collector

If you like the Treasury Comics so much, you should buy it from me!!! That one and the Krull one, which is also a Marvel Special Edition are both for sale. Both are giant sized comics! My entire collection is for sale! Priced at approximately $225. I need to sell them to get money to move from Michigan to South Carolina.

The Ultimate Bar/Club DJ
Tappiocca
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Legendary Collector

Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)Legendary Collector (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
djstorm2008 (3/3/2012)
If you like the Treasury Comics so much, you should buy it from me!!! That one and the Krull one, which is also a Marvel Special Edition are both for sale. Both are giant sized comics! My entire collection is for sale! Priced at approximately $225. I need to sell them to get money to move from Michigan to South Carolina.

This is not the proper forum for trying to sell your comics.

Leave the gun, take the Cannoli!

pmadreenter
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (57.2K reputation)

Group: Moderators
THE TITLE is what the publisher's information SAYS the title is. Bottom of the first page, like I said before. That's how the copyright is listed, that's how dealers selling back issues list it, that's how Marvel itself chose to identify it... and that's how it's listed here. Period. End of statement. No wiggle room.

If CPG tried to acommodate every possible misreading of comic-book covers, and every possible GUESS as to what the title of a book might be, there would be no end to the number of "alternate titles" that would have to be added. Can't be done, won't be done. One title per book... and it's the title as listed in the publisher's info.

You're starting to feel like a troll, buddy; my friendly advice is for you to check yourself... and maybe cut back on the caffeine.

PS: No FOR SALE posts anywhere on site except the MARKETPLACE section.

"You're the one that got out the damn saran-wrap and the rubber cement and the... duct-taping their hands to the table? You told me that was COOL!"

"Punching apes in the face since 2011"

Reading This Topic