Profile Picture

Comic inserts

Posted By swebbvella 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Elite Collector

Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
Specifically, Crumb's Carload O'Comics and the Tales From The Tube inserts. Is there much value added in having the inserts still in the magazine? I would assume so, but have never seen any real numbers. The eBay prices for the Tube inserts are all over the place, with a lot of sellers asking crazy high prices yet I rarely see one sell for much, and never for one in the magazine. Any thoughts or info I may not have seen? Thanks -
wpbooks
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Definitely worth more if inserts all still attached and not just loose within the given magazines.  In the case of Carload, it's worth even more if you have the original paper band, obi-like gizmo, that went around the whole magazine stating the comic was contained within. 

WESTPORTALBOOKS ARE SQUINKY BOOKS!

http://www.abebooks.com/2945227/sf
swebbvella
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Elite Collector

Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)Elite Collector (958 reputation)

Hmm, my Carload Cheri has a band, but it's plain white, 5" wide. Enough to cover the naughty bits, but leaving the text about the insert exposed along with the top half of the magazine.
wpbooks
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (12.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
The one I have is not plain white, but mentions the comic in a font that is similar to Crumb's own elaborate printing style.  I don't have it handy, but it's definitely wed specifically to the issue.

WESTPORTALBOOKS ARE SQUINKY BOOKS!

http://www.abebooks.com/2945227/sf
50centII
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Legendary Collector

Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)Legendary Collector (9.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I'll inform you of this, while the Cheri shows up occasionally on eBay with the Carload insert (and I've seen it maybe a couple times with the white paper band (with green ink), but you're going to have a much harder time finding the Surfer issue with the Tales of the Tube insert (I actively searched for about 2 1/2 to 3 years for one, before I picked up a copy that was the first on I saw for sale in that time).  Gory Stories Quarterly #2 1/2 was also an insert in a magazine too.  I would say yes to your question about value with insert still attached to the mag.
swebbvella
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Elite Collector

I found some guys with the Surfer magazine with the Tales insert. Bought their best one, it's really nice. Any idea on the value?
gooddr
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Star

Forum Star (4.1K reputation)Forum Star (4.1K reputation)Forum Star (4.1K reputation)Forum Star (4.1K reputation)Forum Star (4.1K reputation)Forum Star (4.1K reputation)Forum Star (4.1K reputation)Forum Star (4.1K reputation)Forum Star (4.1K reputation)Forum Star (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Surfer book is quite hard to get. When I've seen it in used books shops in California,  it's been in the $200 to $400 range

I want your undergrounds

Reading This Topic