Profile Picture

Marvel subscriptions

Posted By incidious Last Year
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Collector

Collector (247 reputation)Collector (247 reputation)Collector (247 reputation)Collector (247 reputation)Collector (247 reputation)Collector (247 reputation)Collector (247 reputation)Collector (247 reputation)Collector (247 reputation)Collector (247 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Months Ago
Where do you guys get your subscriptions for Marvel comics? I've heard bad things about getting subs directly from DC but I don't know if that's also the case with Marvel. Anyway, what do you guys do, go through them directly, local comic book store, websites? Let me know!

~Incidious

"Farewell, Peter Parker. Know this, I will carry on in your name. You may be leaving this world, but you are not leaving it to a villain. I swear. I will be Spider-Man. Better yet, with my unparalleled genius-- and my boundless ambition-- I'll be a better Spider-Man than you ever were. From this day forth, I shall become... the Superior Spider-Man!" -Superior Spider-Man (Otto Octavious)

Michael923
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (14.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I don't know of many people that do mail orders from the companies anymore. Most people have them mailed from Mid Town, Mile High, Lonestar, Horizon or a few others. Or the create a pull list at their LCS. You pick which titles you want and the shop makes sure you get your books. Also many shops discount the books when you create a pull. It's like a membership to the shop, you get special deals for stuff like an extra 5% off of back issues or anything of that sort.

"Batman's misguided. He fights the results of crime, but not the causes. He takes on individual cases... but he fails to see the wider picture!"- Anarchyhttp://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/b9766a3f-f945-45aa-b103-29a4.jpg

ZombieSteve
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Star

Forum Star (3.4K reputation)Forum Star (3.4K reputation)Forum Star (3.4K reputation)Forum Star (3.4K reputation)Forum Star (3.4K reputation)Forum Star (3.4K reputation)Forum Star (3.4K reputation)Forum Star (3.4K reputation)Forum Star (3.4K reputation)Forum Star (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
incidious (8/11/2013)
Where do you guys get your subscriptions for Marvel comics? I've heard bad things about getting subs directly from DC but I don't know if that's also the case with Marvel. Anyway, what do you guys do, go through them directly, local comic book store, websites? Let me know!

~Incidious

LCS all the way, I have never done mail subscriptions - always had a fear they'd arrive damaged. I'm not a huge fan of the postal system.
jvenhaus
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Star

Forum Star (3.6K reputation)Forum Star (3.6K reputation)Forum Star (3.6K reputation)Forum Star (3.6K reputation)Forum Star (3.6K reputation)Forum Star (3.6K reputation)Forum Star (3.6K reputation)Forum Star (3.6K reputation)Forum Star (3.6K reputation)Forum Star (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I use Discount Comic Book Service on line at http://www.dcbservice.com/. The standard discount is 40% of cover price. A small part of that savings is eaten up by sipping, but if I choose once-per-month shipping, then it is only $6.50 for shipping my whole pull list. It means I have to wait a few weeks to read my books (its hard to avoid spoilers on the internet) but the savings mean that my pull list can be bigger. I highly recommend them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
James Venhaus - Writer, "The Night Owl Society". Issue #1 on sale now!
mwhelehan
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Legend

Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)Forum Legend (6.7K reputation)

I've got a great LCS that offers up to 30% off my pull list. I've never done mail order. But I laugh when I see the ad's from older comics and I see that Marvel or DC's subscriptions were like $6 for a year.
voxigenboy
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (17.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
I haven't mail ordered Marvel comics in quite some time. It sure was the thing to do when I was a wee lad anyway... Throughout most of the 80's/90's I had subscriptions to spider-man, x-men, etc... Most of the comics are still sealed up in bags with my name/address on them.
I did end up giving all that b.s. to my nephew though ^_^

These days I wouldn't want a subscription again unless I was guaranteed that each comic would be at least a 9.8 minimum & came well packaged. Tongue

Brownchikano
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.8K reputation)

So they dont always come well packaged? I was thinking of having a pull list online. LCS is more fun though.

Hunting: Batman 121, Batman 251, House of Secrets 92

Last slab purchase: Batman Adventures 12  9.8 CGC

-Batman-BlackCat-
AGENTX
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Star

Forum Star (4.4K reputation)Forum Star (4.4K reputation)Forum Star (4.4K reputation)Forum Star (4.4K reputation)Forum Star (4.4K reputation)Forum Star (4.4K reputation)Forum Star (4.4K reputation)Forum Star (4.4K reputation)Forum Star (4.4K reputation)Forum Star (4.4K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Months Ago
Stick with your Local LCS or order the books from a reputable comics company like Midtown etc. Getting a subscription directly from the publishers is a waste of time. I am surprised they still do subscriptions give the options out here.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/94512806-46bc-44d0-9191-3b09.png

AGENT X

Gio3432
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Star

Forum Star (4.2K reputation)Forum Star (4.2K reputation)Forum Star (4.2K reputation)Forum Star (4.2K reputation)Forum Star (4.2K reputation)Forum Star (4.2K reputation)Forum Star (4.2K reputation)Forum Star (4.2K reputation)Forum Star (4.2K reputation)Forum Star (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
www.midtowncomics.com is where I get my comics. I like to pre-order and save 35%, but you are buying books like 2 months in advance so you could get stuck with things you don't care about anymore. They have a regular pull list option as well. The books come well packaged so I really haven't had an issue. The more you order the better the packaging IMO.

Reading This Topic