Profile Picture

LCS or Online?

Posted By OddLeon 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (18.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Months Ago
Which do you prefer?
Going to LCS and picking up new comics and back-issues there, or buying everything online?
Personally, I like going to the comic book store for new books because:

1) You are absolutely sure about what you are buying.
2) It's a great place to talk to people who like the same things you do.

"I don't believe in 'guilty' pleasures. Snobbery is just the public face of insecurity. You like what you like, and you shouldn't feel guilty about your interests or hobbies. Unless, of course, you golf."
ElectroKnight
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (25.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
The small consistent pull list I get from the LCS the other titles I collect I'll buy online just for the price savings alone, usually will buy the year up for a buck apiece on titles that would cost $3.00/$4.00 apiece.

Back issues and such I buy almost exclusively online....the LCS here doesn't carry a huge selection of books and the one's they do there asking guide for.

"How perfectly goddamn delightful it is to be sure" - C. Crumb
DangurXtreme
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
I like online or at least eBay, because I can get it cheaper then full retail the LCS will charge. Sometimes a gamble, but you just have to know what to watch for.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/dangurxtreme/TRUST_OS_Button.jpg
oxbladder
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.4K reputation)

Last Active: 13 minutes ago
Buying new stuff online is just not practical for me. The biggest thing for me is to have easy access to re-ordering, advance re-ordering, and damage replacement. There are almost always books (comics, trades and HCs) that I may be interested in but cannot commit to due to budget constraints but when the time comes for release I may then be able to buy them. As well my LCS owner is very, very good to me ... and a good friend. No online service can provide that which he offer that ISN'T for sale.

The one thing though that I do think is good that online places do that many LCS' in these parts cannot get away with is the paying for orders in advance. I pay half up front the rest when the books come. The other people at my LCS pay as the book come in. My LCS has gotten into cash flow troubles from people being delinquent in picking up (a long standing problem in this city at every store). So the online paying up front is something he is envious of not being able to do.

-------

My Website

http://www.oxbladder.com/images/lots-of-bunnies.gif
demyztikx
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (16.1K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 10 Months Ago
I like my LCS way more than online. I'll use online sources for stuff I can't find or need to reorder or anything, but I try the LCS first.

My Gaming Blog (Seeking Grim Ghost #0 Sketch)

Kitdog
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It depends, I use my local shop for my regular purchases, using comixology is awesome with my lcs. I also like buying things there because I always end up finding something cool I would never have looked at online. We are lucky here in NM as we have more comic shops per Capita than a lot of cities. So I have lots of places to go and look for my comics here first.

That said, I buy some of my back issues online, because all the LCS here may not have them in stock. Or there may be things that are exclusive that I cannot get locally like an exclusive or other things.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/cr8meone/Pic2.jpg

Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order and everything becomes Chaos. I am an agent of Chaos!
odysseyuwrf
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Sensation

Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)Forum Sensation (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
New stuff is all at my LCS. As someone with a pull list there, I get a discount on everything I buy, new or back issue. Also, I do buy back issues there (because of the discount), but usually I wait for one of their big 25-50% off all back issue sales. Then I load up big time. Otherwise I buy back issues at HPB, conventions, or on occasion online.

I do think that people need to support their LCS as well. The good ones any ways. I would hate to see comic collecting become something that is solely done online. As others have said, the connections you make with other collectors, fans, or awesome people at the LCS, would be sorely missed if we could only connect online.
thespazz
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Star

Forum Star (3.0K reputation)Forum Star (3.0K reputation)Forum Star (3.0K reputation)Forum Star (3.0K reputation)Forum Star (3.0K reputation)Forum Star (3.0K reputation)Forum Star (3.0K reputation)Forum Star (3.0K reputation)Forum Star (3.0K reputation)Forum Star (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
My only interest is the back issues so I buy 100% of my comics from ebay. I spend many hours a week looking for great deals on auctions. I know there is always a risk in getting a book over graded but I tend to stick with the sellers who offer multiple pictures. 1 thing you do not do is bid on the weekend. Everyone and their uncle is on and bidding on all the auctions that are about to end and you will almost always get sniped. My name is thespazz and i'm an ebay-aholic.

"WHATS THAT"?
"ITS DEAD PEOPLE SCREAMING"!

comicfangirl
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Master Collector

Master Collector (1.7K reputation)Master Collector (1.7K reputation)Master Collector (1.7K reputation)Master Collector (1.7K reputation)Master Collector (1.7K reputation)Master Collector (1.7K reputation)Master Collector (1.7K reputation)Master Collector (1.7K reputation)Master Collector (1.7K reputation)Master Collector (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I buy most of my stuff at my lcs, unless it's a comic book i can't find. Then i try ebay.

shh.... I'm not suppose to be collecting comic books.
teh_longinator
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (31.3K reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
I go to my LCS for my monthlies, and the occasional back issue.

For my back issues, I swear by online. Ebay has some great deals if you know where to look. I'd much rather pick up a lot of 50 X-Men titles for $19.99 (plus shipping) than go to my LCS and pay $10-20 for the same stuff. It's not that he doesn't carry back issues. He's got everything. It's just that my wallet is much happier online, even if I can't enjoy holding the item before I buy.

Reading This Topic