Profile Picture

Comics Heating Up

Posted By whetteon 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 6 votes.
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Star

Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I thought I'd make a post where I can just mention books that are starting to heat up. That way they are all in one place and not being littered across the forum. BigGrin

Saga #1 - book came out of nowhere but is currently getting $8-10 on eBay.
Lady Mechanika 0 NYCC - for a book I thought was dead as of a couple of months ago, the variants and earlier issues are really starting to catch on fire!

View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Saga didn't come out of nowhere. Lots people just don't pay much attention to or get Previews and take a close look at it when it did. This book has EVERYTHING needed to do well. BKV is a well known and well liked writer, there is a good artist on the book and the content is interesting. Typically though few people spend much time once they look at the Marvel and DC offerings. Even promotion of non-big two stuff prior to release is limited, and most people skip it. As a result few people initially order the book and Image seem to print to order so that if anything picks up readers before release or after everyone is boned.

FYI Saga neve reven made it to the stands at my LCS even though he ordered more than normal. The hot trend on this book should die by the middle of next month or early May. If people like it it will be July.

-------

My Website

http://www.oxbladder.com/images/lots-of-bunnies.gif
whetteon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Star

Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)Forum Star (4.8K reputation)

Thanks for the additional info oxbladder. Usually I hear murmuring of new releases like this but I didn't hear anything and suddenly it was everywhere on eBay. So chalk me up as one of those people who obviously missed it in the preview. Doh! :|

View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (78.8K reputation)

Heh. Don't worry I know lots of people who have got caught with their pants down on Image and other smaller press books. All I can say is if your store carries Diamond's Previews magazine get it and it should keep you well versed on what is coming down the pipe. It may not tell you what will be "hot" but some of that you might be able to figure out on your own.

-------

My Website

whetteon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Star

Here's one that interesting:

Futurma #1 SDCC Variant - currently at $91 and 10 bids with 3 days left.

View Quick Profile
Master Collector

Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I think comic books in general are heating up...there are things on shows to promote them more to now... (Comic Book Men, Big Bang Theory [Stan Lee])

Trading my Sports Cards for Comic Books, Non-Sports Cards, Lou Gehrig, Bruce Lee, and Brandon "The Crow" Lee items...
My eCRATER Store
My Photobucket

oxbladder
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

Hilfiger1975 (3/21/2012)
I think comic books in general are heating up...there are things on shows to promote them more to now... (Comic Book Men, Big Bang Theory [Stan Lee])

Print run numbers on single issues do not support this comment.

Just saying.

I think it would be fair to say that comics may be becoming a more respectable art form than previous generations.

-------

My Website

Hilfiger1975
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Master Collector

Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)Master Collector (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
oxbladder (3/21/2012)
Hilfiger1975 (3/21/2012)

Print run numbers on single issues do not support this comment.

Just saying.

I think it would be fair to say that comics may be becoming a more respectable art form than previous generations.

Just an opinion... BigGrin

Trading my Sports Cards for Comic Books, Non-Sports Cards, Lou Gehrig, Bruce Lee, and Brandon "The Crow" Lee items...
My eCRATER Store
My Photobucket

Edited
2 Years Ago by Hilfiger1975
dragonfire694
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (15.2K reputation)

i have to agree and disagree at same time. i would say some books are heating real nice as to other books are declining. books like justice league for instance maintaining 100,000 or more print run for past 7 issues is really impressive as some books have slid like wolverine and x-men type titles. not saying all but some. uncanny x-force has had a steady run around 50,000 books. marvel has slid yet dc with it's drive to increase readers has been a success. take it as you will.
oxbladder
This post has been flagged as an answer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

dragonfire694 (3/22/2012)
i have to agree and disagree at same time. i would say some books are heating real nice as to other books are declining. books like justice league for instance maintaining 100,000 or more print run for past 7 issues is really impressive as some books have slid like wolverine and x-men type titles. not saying all but some. uncanny x-force has had a steady run around 50,000 books. marvel has slid yet dc with it's drive to increase readers has been a success. take it as you will.

That is pretty much standard goings on. Some books get hot while most don't. It is nothing new.

BTW I wouldn't say DC New 52 has been a success. Yes some books have definitely picked up but most titles do not seem to have settled in and most of the books that are just rehashes of previous titles are falling back to where they were before. I would say there are about five or six title out of the 52 with good numbers 10 with fair the rest are poor to terrible. DC has indeed boosted their share but even with such a huge undertaking they only ruled the publisher roost for two months. However, they did show that there are readers out there to be had. It isn't just lots of publishers fighting for the same number of readers. While DC has enjoyed a bump up it was never at the cost of other publishers whose numbers have not changed in the past 7 months.

-------

My Website

Edited
2 Years Ago by oxbladder

Reading This Topic