Profile Picture

Amazing Fantasy 15 Realistic Prices???

Posted By Davis 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Crazy Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Master Collector

Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I just found a copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 1.0, with plenty of tape holding the cover together for $150 US.  Is that a reasonable price or is it too much for the condition the comic is in.  As well, if I do get it, should I risk having it taken out of its encapsulation (grade may go down) and have it signed by Stan Lee and then regrade it with CGC or leave as is.  Can I please get some opions on this.

Thanks
purplepigeonz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Elite Collector

Elite Collector (815 reputation)Elite Collector (815 reputation)Elite Collector (815 reputation)Elite Collector (815 reputation)Elite Collector (815 reputation)Elite Collector (815 reputation)Elite Collector (815 reputation)Elite Collector (815 reputation)Elite Collector (815 reputation)Elite Collector (815 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
ari_davis (9/3/2010)
I just found a copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 1.0, with plenty of tape holding the cover together for $150 US.  Is that a reasonable price or is it too much for the condition the comic is in.  As well, if I do get it, should I risk having it taken out of its encapsulation (grade may go down) and have it signed by Stan Lee and then regrade it with CGC or leave as is.  Can I please get some opions on this.

Thanks

Uh I wouldn't not buy that. Because In that condition, if it got any worse you would have wasted $150 on it. Just my opinion. But you should also post some pictures of it (if you can). I hope this helped BigGrin

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/8cdfc703-800e-4df2-a797-02f0.jpg

-PurplePigeonz
Shadow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator...You betcha, by golly!

Administrator...You betcha, by golly! (45.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
If you take it out of the slab...you pretty much negate the grade...

If you really want it signed by Stan...you don't have much choice.
But remember...
1) It won't increase the value of the book...it's too far gone.
2) It won't be recognized as authentiic for re-slabbing unless it's done in the presence and under the auspices of CGC...
3) Amazing Fantasy 15 is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. If you search around I doubt you'll find one in that condition or better for the same bucks...You might...but I doubt it.
Regardless of that book's condition...it's still considered an iconic issue...and I've seen coverless copies sell for almost that much...Wink

Personally...if it were me...I'd leave it in the slab and have any of the umpteen million other things possible signed by Stan...
Marvel Masterworks...his book Excelsior! (that's what I had him sign)...or one of his other important issues...

Shadow...CPG Administrator (since 2003)
http://www.facebook.com/CPG.shadow?ref=tn_tnmn

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/04a3dfe3-4c6f-44f4-99d7-7a56.gif

Dedicated to the memory of Bill Johnson (wrjwrj)....comics were his friends...BigGrin
Edited
4 Years Ago by Shadow
Davis
Crazy Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Master Collector

Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)Master Collector (1.0K reputation)

Again it is an Amazing Fantasy 15, original issue, already encapsulated, so wouldn't get worse and is it not worth more than $150?  Or should I just leave it alone.  Sorry about the photos, they are not the greatest.  I may get an Amazing Spiderman 14 signed instead, it is 5.0, was a present given to me.  Any feedback would be great, I wouldn't mind getting it tom. if I do go for it.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/f8d91175-9eba-426b-be2b-d3e2.pnghttp://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/987d6c08-1261-4825-a0f6-83fd.pnghttp://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/001619bd-e81d-47d2-bd1c-49af.pnghttp://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/b735fc3b-2bac-4e1f-8c63-e762.png
http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Uploads/Images/f8d6d235-20ac-4b6f-85b6-f53b.png
Attachments
Spiderman1.png (30 views, 563.00 KB)
Spiderman2.png (27 views, 724.00 KB)
Davis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Master Collector

The Stan Lee autograph would be viewed by an authorized CGC rep. so it would be included in their SS series, but I think I agree it may go even further down in quality if opened and it still looks decent and recognizable.  I just don't like that the cover was taped together on the back, but is mentioned on the CGC label.  So is it worth $150, beyond the iconic value or not worth it.  Still confused on whether to get it or not.  Thank you for the input.
Davis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Master Collector

I even called CGC to make sure that the number is accurate to the comic, but is there any chance it could be a fake???
Davis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Master Collector

Shadow (9/3/2010)
If you take it out of the slab...you pretty much negate the grade...

If you really want it signed by Stan...you don't have much choice.
But remember...
1) It won't increase the value of the book...it's too far gone.
2) It won't be recognized as authentiic for re-slabbing unless it's done in the presence and under the auspices of CGC...
3) Amazing Fantasy 15 is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. If you search around I doubt you'll find one in that condition or better for the same bucks...You might...but I doubt it.
Regardless of that book's condition...it's still considered an iconic issue...and I've seen coverless cooies sell for almost that much...Wink

Personally...if it were me...I'd leave it in the slab and have any of the umpteen million other things possible signed by Stan...
Marvel Masterworks...his book Excelsior! (that's what I had him sign)...or one of his other important issues...

Do autographs like Stan Lee on a Amazing Spiderman 14, 300 or even 600 increase the value of the book or does it not make a difference in value or affect the grade.  All autographs such as Stan Lee, Todd McFarlane, John Romita Sr and Jr, Jim Lee, Jeph Loeb and so on, would be observed by a CGC rep before being sent for grading and encapsulation.  I was even thinking of getting a mint Fantastic Firsts Leather bound HC or even an Amazing Spiderman Omni signed, but I am not sure how to protect them once they are signed, any suggestions???  Also, I may be able to get access to Ditko, but it is still up in the air.  Thank you again.
DeadOne
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (21.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I think that's a great deal on that book. A PGX Graded .5 (Poor) sold for over $800 on ebay. As for breaking the slab to have Stan Lee sign it... it'd be cool as all heck but I'd be so afraid of hurting the book.

What a great cunundrum. Good luck. 

"In my time nightmares walked among us... walked and danced. Skewering victims in plain sight. Laying their fears and worst desires out for everyone to see, just to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans. Pitiful echoes of themselves. I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate."

Robbie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
M. Vieux Bois

M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)M. Vieux Bois (48.1K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
$150 is not a bad deal, I'd expect a few missing pages for that price, hard to find one of those for under $1500.  If you can afford $100,000 you'd be better holding out for a CGC 9.6 - if not then a slabbed 1.0 is pretty nice.
Davis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Master Collector

Robbie (9/3/2010)
$150 is not a bad deal, I'd expect a few missing pages for that price, hard to find one of those for under $1500.  If you can afford $100,000 you'd be better holding out for a CGC 9.6 - if not then a slabbed 1.0 is pretty nice.

Is there any way to fake a CGC slabed comic book, because just like you mentioned the price seems too good to be true? 

Reading This Topic